The Falsies Mascara: Yes or No?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, so I recently purchased Maybelline's new The Falsies mascara.

I'm still kind of undecided about the product, and I would love to hear everyone's opinion on it.

smile.gif

Oh boy, if I knew. I want to buy it but I already have mascaras I dont wear. If it was god's gift in a tube I'd buy it right away. Mascaras generally clump my eyelashes, flake too much, or make my eyelashes fall out >_<

Oh dear.

That doesn't sound good at all!

Well I can tell you it doesn't flake, but the clumping I have to work with.

When I use it it comes out fairly clumpy. But aside from that I like it because it lasts long and doesn't flake. I'm not a huge fan of the brush though. Yesterday I put on the falsies mascara with my (cleaned) lash explosion brush (the brush is amazing, the mascara is super flakey though) and it went on amazingly. No clumps or anything, so I'm totally going to do that again lol =)

I seemed to get good results the first time I used it but now it clumps if I apply more than 1 coat. Maybe I'll try another brush because I'd really hate to toss it.

I tried it with another brush as well and it worked much better! I love it now. The brush is the main problem with the product.

The commercials are great ,ahaha. I love them!

It makes me so sad to see negative reviews about The Falsies because I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. I picked it up at duty free randomly because I remembered hearing about it. I'm not kidding - in ONE coat I had gorgeous long, curly and voluminous lashes. It was LOVE right there and then lol. I even have photographic evidence (hopefully it works). Don't be fooled though - my natural lashes are long-ish but really straight. What tends to happen with most mascaras is that my lashes look extended but flat
frown.gif
I'm so glad I discovered The Falsies
smile.gif
I love just staring at my tube of HG-ness lol. I guess mascara is really subjective because it depends on so many factors like application, lash texture, whether lashes were curled, allergy issues etc.

P.S. When you use it, don't bother trying the crappy advice on using it with the dipped part of the brush on your lashes. It doesn't work because there are least bristles there. Just flip it the other way and use it
smile.gif

Okay my photo won't work because I'm still a newbie
frown.gif

I bought it cause it was on price cut at work and I regret it. I have long full lashes that I like to exaggerate but this mascara clumped them bad! I even tried a primer, combing the clumps out, and waiting a few weeks for the formula to thicken but I still don't like it. It also flaked (not a lot but noticeable). I wish I still had my receipt to return it cause I tried everything with it and its still crap to me. Maybe it works with people that don't have full lashes?

I am still trying to give this product a run. I like it when I use a different brush, as I have stated before, but I also find it isn't very water resistant. My natural lashes are very long, but I would like to achieve more body with my lashes. This product is just so-so.
frown.gif
Dang. I really wanted it to be great for me.

Lady Insane- I am really glad this product works for you!
smile.gif

After watching the TV commercials a few more times.... it doesn't even come close to reproducing what the TV ads show! Need less to say I am shocked!! Lol.

I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with this mascara. At first I really didn't like it, but then I realized I picked up the "wrong" one. I went back and bought a waterproof tube, and I like it a bit more. I wouldn't say that I LOVE it, but it's growing on me.. very, very slowly. It doesn't clump on my stick straight Asian eyelashes, and it does add some length and volume (for myself), but it's definitely not become my HOLY GRAIL item.

From what I can tell, this mascara really just depends on the person's own lashes.. I guess like anything else. It's just such a bummer that it's not as AMAZING as all the ads and commercials make it out to me.

i have really long curly eyelashes and when i try a product like that it doesnt do anything for me....but i bought it and i tried it with the maybeline collosal brush and it works wonders. so i agree that its the brush!!!! you need a trhick full brush in orger for it to work!!!

That's so strange that some of you experienced clumping. I had no clumping and really like this mascara. The brush is my favorite thing about it, lol. I just wish it were a bit darker and not so heavy.

i havent tried this mascara but personally from my experience with LE mascaras, they overall aint that impressive. i'd rather stick with the classics that have always worked for me.

i have short lashes and it didnt do anything for me.. i love my full n soft one better
smile.gif

Back