Re-sizing clothes that are too big

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can anyone give any advice/suggestions please?

Iv been losing weight gradually over the last few years, in total abot 2 1/2 stone.

Its getting where some of my favorite clothes are too big, even belts arnt helping.

Can anyone give me ideas or direct me to any sites that show how i could take in/adjust trousers,jeans etc?

Many thanks

If they are not too big you can get those perfect buttons as seen on TV - Perfect Fit Buttonsâ„¢ The Quickest, Easiest Way to Add or Reduce Inches on the Waist Band of your Pants!. I've seen them at Walgreens over here... I don't know if Boots carries stuff like that over there? ..

I've taken jackets and blazers to a local seamstress and had them professionally taken in but when I lost 50 pounds... I donated all my slacks and jeans (after I made sure the weight was off for good) and bought new.. I don't think I would have been happy with the results of getting slacks taken in and I shopped for sales and clearances to rebuild my wardrobe over time...

Trousers and things need taking in by about an inch. I dont want to buy too much brand new atm as i am still losing weight and discovering my body shape and things, plus I love making and crafting so wanted a go my self.

Il take a look and see if I can get them here

Back