RAVE! Eyelash curler!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After years of buying mascara after mascara, getting eyelash perms, heated curlers, heating my own normal curlers, and wondering why my lashes were so different to everyone else's, i took someone's advice on here and got a new eyelash curler.

I thought that eyelash curlers were all the same. I had a cheap one for years because i thought they all did the same thing in the same way...

BUT NO! I ordered the shu uemura curler and, wow. I used to clamp down on my lashes for so long. I tried very hard, tried everything i could, to get them to curl but they never did, or not for more than a few seconds. But this! I tried it out and clamped it for just a few seconds, and got a perfect curl. No mascara and my eyelashes are still curled. I'm so shocked!

After all this time, i could have just got a decent eyelash curler
smile.gif

Thanks so much to she who suggested this on my post about eyelashes!

I have an Anna Sui lash curler. I like how it works. It fits my asian wider eyes... no pinching my eyelids.

Oh my gosh... i woke up and my eyelashes are still curled from that 2 seconds of quick curling last night! HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY
smile.gif

I agree completely. I've been using the Shu curler for almost 3 years now and I've always loved it. But I guess I took it for granted and had a phase where I decided to try different ones - Revlon, MAC, Shiseido etc and NOTHING worked as well so now I'm back to my faithful Shu
smile.gif
Definitely lives up to the hype and where I live the price is much cheaper (US$11) than other places so that is another reason to love it.
biggrin.gif

I have a cheapy Revlon curler but now you have me wanting one of these.... After my No-buy is over... someday... I hope....

I have been always disappointed by eyelash curler and would like to try the Shu Uemura one but I read on their webpage that you are supposed to change the pad after 3 months of use and throw the all thing after 6 months
frown.gif
that's not a good value for money in my opinion.

What a bummer ! I checked and yes, replace the pad after 3 months, then use the refill and 3 months after, just throw the whole thing away because we're not selling refill pads and to avoid damaging your eyes. Translation : please buy another one because we like to steal your money, or second translation : because we make a curler out of crappy stuff that cannot hold the test of time.

I'm being ironic, but for the price (34€ in France !) i would have expected something more durable.

Well, I thought it was overpriced in dollars but in euros the price is just ridiculous for something that you MUST throw away eventually!!!!

They say they don't, yet they still give you one with your curler ?
kopfkratz.gif
I guess you could try searching for other pads, but i don't know if they would fit.

Nope they don't sell the refill pads - you get one spare but that's it. You can experiment with the ones you get in the stores I guess. Honestly though, I think the whole six months thing is just a marketing ploy. You really don't need to replace it that often. I've used mine for over a year and it is working perfectly fine and it IS durable. I use mine daily btw. 34 euros is RIDICULOUS though :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If you ever know anyone going to an Asian country make sure you get them to pick one up for you because it is cheapest here.

Wtf - why is there a downside to everything
frown.gif

I think i'd rather try to find another pad that fits, than buy another eyelash curler. Seriously.

Originally Posted by Lady_Insane25 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Nope they don't sell the refill pads - you get one spare but that's it. You can experiment with the ones you get in the stores I guess. Honestly though, I think the whole six months thing is just a marketing ploy. You really don't need to replace it that often. I've used mine for over a year and it is working perfectly fine and it IS durable. I use mine daily btw. 34 euros is RIDICULOUS though :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If you ever know anyone going to an Asian country make sure you get them to pick one up for you because it is cheapest here. You bet ! I know a couple stores selling asian cosmetics, but the shipping costs get so expensive you have to think twice before you buy. Any of you tried the Shiseido curler ? It's less expensive.

I've tried it and it didn't work as well for me. I actually have both and I just did a mini comparison and they look similar but the main difference is that the Shiseido curler has a rounder curve whereas the Shu is flatter. You'd expect the rounder one to work better but for some reason my lashes just don't curl properly with the Shisedo. They look kind of flat and they droop down by the time I get my mascara ready. With the Shu I get an amazing sky high curl that actually lasts. If your eyes are rounder though then you can go for the Shiseido. I think the best thing to do would be to try both, because it really depends on the shape of yours eyes. If you love the Shu then get it and forget about the 6 month rule haha it will easily last at least 2 years
smile.gif

I love the shu uemura eyelash curler- It is simply the best! I use Maybelline volume express mascara and the combination makes my eyelashes look great. People ask me all the time if my eyelashes are real.

Back