America's Got Talent - amazing 10 year old

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Jackie Evancho from Pittsburgh
smile.gif
..... Listen to her voice... coming out of a 10 year old!!

I am sorry but as a operafantast, I am not that thrilled by this. She sounds like she has gone the Sarah Brightman school, which in the end will destroy her voice if she goes on.

Ironically, just watched that episode. There aren't many 10 yr olds who can sing like that. I'm very impressed and she has a beautiful voice.

She made it through to the semi-finals.. I'd love to see her and Prince Poppycocky do a duet! Lol. They could wear matching outfits!

Hate these talent shows but I think this girl will probably win as Simon Cowell can see huge dollar signs. She has the voice without the lunacy of Susan Boyle, plus people love cute kids. Gosh am I cynical or what?

As someone who sings and is an opera enthusiast, this makes me cringe. At the age of 10, kids really aren't capable of singing opera - they might be able to imitate it, but it's not the same. (She really doesn't sound like she's singing opera btw - the technique is nowhere near) And attempting to sing like that so young and continuing to do so has the potential to blow her voice out and make it hoarse by the age of 25. She really should not be singing like this at her age and should stick to more age appropriate songs.

ETA: Most voice teachers will recommend that their students not attempt to sing opera until their late teens. This is because kids' voices are not mature enough to handle the magnitude of operatic songs. She has talent, but until she's older, she should leave Puccini alone.

I don't think anyone believes she's a serious opera singer at this young age, after singing for less that 3 years... But I can't believe that voice coming out of that body.. I doubt she will win the competition but she is amazingly good for a 10 year old, imho.

Oh, don't get me wrong!
smile.gif
I think she is very good. But I don't think it's a good idea for her to continue singing like this/for people to encourage her. She will end up ruining her voice as a result of pushing it too hard as a child.

Originally Posted by vicky1804 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hmm I dont know. It looked like she was miming but thats just me That's what I first thought but when they did the results show.. They made her sing a few notes and she can sing! The finals start next week I think so we will see how far she can go...

I thought everyone that night was meh, I was dissapointed. Then she came on and my eyes almost popped out of my head. I enjoyed the wild card show this week, some good ones came back. As a whole, I was underwhelmed with the talent this year, but some people left me misty eyed (in a good way)
bawling.gif

Originally Posted by Sexy Sadie /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am sorry but as a operafantast, I am not that thrilled by this. She sounds like she has gone the Sarah Brightman school, which in the end will destroy her voice if she goes on. Hey now! I love a lot of Sarah Brightmans stuff! lol

Originally Posted by StakeEdward /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh, don't get me wrong!
smile.gif
I think she is very good. But I don't think it's a good idea for her to continue singing like this/for people to encourage her. She will end up ruining her voice as a result of pushing it too hard as a child. It's something i've been thinking about too, so i hope she will slow down after the show. At the same time, i hope she enjoys this while it lasts, a child is more interesting at ten than 15, and by the time she turns that age, another amzing ten year old will appear to replace her.

^Maybe, but if she lets her voice rest and sticks to singing child roles in musicals, then goes back into opera around 15-16, I think she has quite a lot of potential. Who knows if that potential would be fame, but if she is able to refrain from attempting to sound 20 years older, I think her voice could turn out beautifully
smile.gif
She should be very careful with her voice, as blowing it out early in life is a very scary prospect.

Back