Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol III

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
FIRST LOOKS ARE HERE!! *squeal*

udbk.jpg

source britishbeautyblogger

full swatches and palette pictures can be found at temptalia

so a quick break down, as i can't reuse temptalia's images, left to right:

perversion, uzi, loaded, kush

midnight cowboy rides again (grrr.. really?? its in every palette!), last call, rockstar, money

haight, maui wowie, smog, bordello

radium, snatch, suspect, psychedelic sister

24/7 pencils in zero and ransom. EXCITING! USA release date is either september or christmas, there are varying rumours.

i'm loving how there's so much purple in this palette. what do you think? are you excited??

Dang. I was so excited when I saw the title. Then I looked at the pictures. The packaging is tacky. The colors are nothing to get excited about. How disappointing.
frown.gif

Well, more for me then, because I'm super excited for this one! Yes, the packaging is tacky, but since I never care about packaging one way or the other that doesn't bother me. I've been looking for some brighter shawdows and this will work great for me!

I love the way it looks. I didnt like any of the previous ones so i never bought them but this one is on my list. And I love the colors

Amazing!

I guess i'll walk out in traffic and say I ADORE the packaging. The sketches are cute and lively and the collage-work on the front feels exciting.

I would buy this whole set just for Ransom and Money. Money is such a great name for that shade. It's so dead on.

I've never purchased ANYTHING Urban Decay, but this may change things.

I do not own any of the UD palettes or eyeshadows and I am determined to get the naked palette but this one seems very interesting too!!! I especially like the greens and plum colors in there and I noticed that the only color present also in the naked one is smog. On the other hand the packaging does not appeal to me a lot but the value for money is great.....aaargh! I can't makeup my mind
smile.gif

I love Loaded, but that's it. I'll be passing on this. Maybe I can pay someone to give me their Loaded e/s lol.

i don't like the packaging either. whats with all the pop up stuff? it was kinda cute for alice in wonderland, but i'm over it now.

i love the colours so i'm totally getting it. on a second glance today though, does anyone think those two blues look a little out of place? if i could have it my way, i'd take that gorgeous navy (creep) from the naked palette and put it where that vulgar radium is!

Well i will be passing on this. The packaging is nice, i suppose, but looking at it in detail, it's also tacky. What's up with all that pop up fashion ?
kopfkratz.gif

The colors : i have a few of them already (i'm telling you, the Ammo palette beats all the others), Perversion and Uzi can easily be duped or replaced (think Polyester bride and Oil slick), the two blues look kind of lost in this palette, and not so pretty i'd buy the palette for them, and Kush really look like Green Goddess.

Finally, it's too bad because Ransom is probably the only 24/7 liner i actually don't like.

Im skipping this one too! I just cant seem to get into any of these palettes. I have heard the Ammo Palette is the best to get though!

I like the black sleekness of the packaging, but I don't like the pop ups. If I do end up buying it, I would probably just tear the packaging apart like I did with Vol II. Loaded is my favorite though. Any dupes to that?

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Im skipping this one too! I just cant seem to get into any of these palettes. I have heard the Ammo Palette is the best to get though! It is ! I think it has a good range of colors, and the shadows are sorted by two, as suggested color combinations, which is nice. Plus it's thin, sturdy, and has a mirror in it, i find it's the most practical to carry on a purse or throw in a travel bag. The only small flaw i find to it is of course, the shimmers/glitters just get everywhere, and i don't like glitter deposits between eyeshadows.

A new Urban Decay BOS was the only thing I'd allow to break my no-buy over, as I've enjoyed collecting them. But yeah... wish they'd simplify the packaging some so it would be a little easier on the wallet. I'm going to have to think it over for a bit to decide if I'm gunna cave for it. D:

Originally Posted by lolaB /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love Loaded, but that's it. I'll be passing on this. Maybe I can pay someone to give me their Loaded e/s lol. That's the one shade I really want too.

Damn, I want this JUST for Loaded and Money. Which are of course exclusive to the palette. *sigh*

Lucy, did you get it? I heard it's in stock at Debenhams for £30 .

Back