She was a nice lady, but it was all wrong

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Today I just stopped by the MAC counter in the closest mall and got some foundation.

Tried it on and everything (went outside into the sunlight to see if looks right. It looked weird but I was told it looked good)

However the Mineralize Foundation and the Studio Fix Foundation were blotchy and too light on me.

I have a simlar complexion to Kellie S. Williams ( Laura Winslow).

Which Studio fix foundation would match?
kopfkratz.gif

I have a hard time believing I'm in the NC's

That's tough. Always go with your gut. If you think it looks weird, skip it! I'm not sure what shade you'd be, but what was weird about the color you bought? Is it the undertone tone? If you're not finding a good match in the NC's, stop by your MAC counter and ask for a few NW samples.

I was VERY impressed when I got matched at MAC. The guy took one look at me, and didn't even hesitate before he said NW15.

And he was dead on. I've always had problems finding a foundation, but he did a good job.

I've had other sales people try to match me, and I never end up buying cause I always felt like I could find a better colour myself.

Or you could try getting a match from a different brand altogether.

Do you own a foundation shade that matches at all currently?

I asked for a color match at Sephora for a MUFE foundation and the girl that helped me tried two different colors and then told me, ok go browse and come back in about 45 minutes so we can see if it oxidizes on your skin. I thought that was a smart idea! Maybe you could do the same thing? Just make a beeline for the MAC counter before you go shop and have them test out a few shades on you. Hope this helps!

She told me about the oxidizing but I always thought it was supposed to match automatically.

She also said the NW's were going to be red on me.

Do the NW's have a reddish undertone?

I guess I'm going to return my stuff and see if I can find a color in IMAN's cosmetics.

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif Or you could try getting a match from a different brand altogether. I'd suggest trying this. I went in for a few different color matching attempts and never found one I was happy with at MAC. When I tried the brand I use now, it felt/looked instantaneously perfect, which is a much better feeling than something that needs time to grow on you.

Back