What do you like about yourself?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Appearance wise?

I think that so many people are constantly focusing on what they don't like about themselves. I'm definitely one of them! We are always bombarded with this image of what a "perfect" woman should look like, and i think it's ridiculous. So many beautiful girls think they're ugly because they don't fall into the "conventional beauty" category. So many pretty girls are never told that they're pretty, whether that be because of the jealousy of others, or any other reason.

I'm always thinking, yeah my eyes are okay, but OH MY GOD I HATE MY NOSE omg omgh soithtdgta. Really, we should be happy with what we like, and celebrate our individuality
smile.gif
because you won't find anyone exactly like me around!

So, to the point, i don't think we focus on our good points quite enough! I'm dedicating this thread to self love.

I like my eyes, the shape and the colour. I loveee dark eyes! I love my long, thick, shiny dark hair and my creamy brown skin colour.
wink.gif

What do you like about yourself?

Great thread, very boosting!

I really like my my face, my teeth, my butt, and my waist (25 inches).

My teeth, my hair, my freckled shoulders, my lips, my butt and my feet <3.

I need to also add, I love my eyes <3.

Yanno. I've learned to appreciate my entire body for what it is.

I have my days where I'm like, ew. But honestly - not often.

After my recovery from brain surgery, my looks were pretty well transformed. They shaved my head, my eyes were crossed, I gained a BUNCH of weight and for some reason, when my hair grew back it was darker. & I went from THAT to what I am NOW. I just thank my lucky stars every day for recovering and regaining my beauty
smile.gif

But I really appreciate my eyes, my butt <3, my legs, really my entire body shape, and my tiny feet.

Great thread, btw!

What a great idea!!! I was getting tired of self-effacing threads about what we all hate about ourselves. Its time for a feelgood thread!

I like my teeth and my mouth in general. I like my skin and that I'm 42 and wrinkle free. I like me in general although 2 kids have given me more to love
wink.gif
I like my cleavage too which I didn't used to have without additional padding.

I personally don't like anything, BUT I'm starting to get to like them. Meaning I'm noticing them more which make me appreciate them more. So, my butt, thighs and eyebrows.

But I'm one of those people go "at least I don't have..." which is bad. It's just making excuses of why my feature is better than another. I'm trying to cut that habit of thinking out too.

And I think I might like my teeth later. I have braces, which I didn't need too bad, so I'm excited on how straight they will turn out.

karren! we all know it's your legs that are your best feature!!
biggrin.gif

i like my eyes, they're nice and big and take eyeshadow well. i also like my bum, and my legs are pretty nice too. i don't really have a part of my body that i hate, i'm quite happy in my appearance.

I'm not too happy with most of my features...but I guess I like my eyelashes and my lips the best. My waist and butt are okay too :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am overall happy with my body, but I think this way a lot: I like my eyes, but only when I wear mascara. I like my abs, but only when I´m at a certain weight. I like my legs, but only when they´re tan...etc...etc

But, the thing I´ve always liked about myself unconditionally is my butt!

Originally Posted by bCreative /img/forum/go_quote.gif Honestly?? IMO my body/appearance could be better. Come on now! Don't be too hard on yourself. Altho we all have 'room for improvement' there are some things we all like about ourselves.
...I also like the pinky nail on my left hand, it grows faster than all the other fingernails
smile.gif

I like the color and shape of my eyes. My lips are good too, my arms and my back.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif Come on now! Don't be too hard on yourself. Altho we all have 'room for improvement' there are some things we all like about ourselves.
...I also like the pinky nail on my left hand, it grows faster than all the other fingernails
smile.gif

I've always had these body issues...I just think I will never be satisfied until I'm bone thin.

I like my disiplin and my work etick.

When it comes to my look; I adore my eyes and my hair.

Originally Posted by bCreative /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've always had these body issues...I just think I will never be satisfied until I'm bone thin. Really, not a lot of guys like girls who are 'bone thin'. The majority of them like having something to grab on to xD

Originally Posted by bCreative /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've always had these body issues...I just think I will never be satisfied until I'm bone thin. Bone thin is no where near healthy. Muscles take up mass and muscles have weight! Your organs and brain require a certain % of body fat to maintain their functions. I hope you reconsider.

Back