What do you do with your old clothes?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I'm finally donating some of my clothes to my church. Most of them are t-shirt and prints that was cool back then. I kept most of these things thinking I could remake them with my sewing skills, but I've fallen lazy
frown.gif
Now I have more closet space! I feel good knowing that my clothes are going to be put into a better use than what I did.

What do you guys do with clothes that you don't wear any more or clothes that don't suit your style?

Some leave in our annual garage sale, the others go to good will.... Just took in a box last week.. So nice to have room in my closet.

I just found out that my mom didn't bring them to church. Instead, she's keeping them until January. She's gonna bring a whole bunch of clothes to the Philippines. At least they're out of my room.

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif Maybe she's a hoarder? And is hiding it all in the basement? Lol. She probably is. And when I find it, oh man, think of all the old retro clothing! Too bad I'm not into older gen clothes to re-purpose them into my closet.

Lots of stuff... I let my friends rummage first. I love seeing stuff I dont wear look super cute and new on someone I know.

Goodwill, a woman's shelter that comes around, true garbage goes in the garbage..

i take them to charity shops. you guys don't have them, they're like thrift stores, but the money raised goes to that certain charity. i take ALL my clothes and unwanted fabric to charity shops. i used to volunteer in them, and i found out anything fabric they can't sell that is dirty or in bad condition or anything, they will take to a company that "rags" them, i.e., recycles them into new fabric, or disposes of them properly, and they pay the charity some money for it. so it's still going to a good cause.

consignment shop, i drop off olds ones and use that store credit to buy new ones, I actually just found a pair of shoes for $20 that were worth $150ish new.

smile.gif

My wife and I donate ours to a local charity which either gives them to refugees, sells them in their thrift store. The ones too worn, stained, or just left over are gathered and baled and sold with the money going toward keeping them going.

Among their activities are classes in GED, computer skills, and English as a second language.

We cull our closets at least 3x a year for outgrown clothing.

There are drop-off boxes all over the place for different charities. Some for clothing and others for books. I take them to the trunk of my car and when I remember, I'll drop them in one of those boxes. I also pack up all my excess toiletries (shampoos, makeup that I bought but never used, moisturizers etc) every christmas and take them to work and someone will take them to a women's shelter. I also pack gently used coats to work and they package for charity.

I've always wanted to sell my used clothes. The only hassle is that I don't drive. Another is that I wouldn't want to be alone.

I take them to Goodwill. But first I usually give my dresses to my nieces for them to play dress up.

there is an organization that pass their cards to our houses.. they do it every 2 months or so. they set a date that comes by to our neighborhood to pick the used clothing or anything like house stuffs

Back