Lipstick problems! PLEASE HELP!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It never fails. Each time I try a lipstick, its either too dark or too light, does anybody have any suggestions? My budget is about $3.50 to $15.00. Here is some physical features:

hair: black

eyes: brown (I sometimes where blue contacts)

skin: fair/light

Are you looking for a nude lipstick or..? The color your lipstick shows up depends on the pigmentation of your lips (unless it's 100% opaque) and your skintone, so if your lips aren't as pigmented, there's a strong possibility your lipstick with show up true to tube. You could stop by a makeup counter and swatch or try on some to get an idea of what colors work for you and then pick simlair colors up from the drugstore.

Swatch, i do it on my hands, so that i get an idea of what they look like. I also select my lipsticks according to my undertones, i have pink undertones so warm colors in general don't suit me. I stick to pinks, purples, mauves, "blue based" red lipsticks, but i would never buy an orange or coral lipstick.

A trick i learned to feel more confident with my red lipstick is to apply apink lipgloss on top, to make it more purplish and red.

If your natural lipcolor competes with your lipstick's, try applying foundation or concealer and powder on your lips, to erase any pigmentation, then apply your lipstick and you'll have its true color. You can also try filling in your lips with a lipliner.

I agree. Swatch in one your hands to see what colors look good and get tests done at makeup counters.

If that's you in your picture I think you'd look good with paler pinks.

Lola's exactly right......lipsticks look a certain way based on your lip pigmentation. Up until recently I was NEVER able to find a lipstick I liked and finally gave up and ONLY wore glosses. Then I tried Laura Geller's Lip Spackle. It neutralizes your lips so when you put on a lipstick, it shows it's true color. I'm in LOVE with it!!!! You can get it off Ebay for $8.00. BEST MONEY EVER SPENT!!!!!

But never try makeup on the back of your hands. The back of your hands if actually darker than your face because it gets alot of UVA/UVB exposure.

I think you'd look good in cool-toned pinks.

Think this shade for a daker pink:

rimmel-london-lipstick-lilly-extase-pink-hot-fushia.jpg

(Rimmel Moisture Renew Full Bloom in Lily Extase 340)

and for a paler pink think this shade:

3189DJlC-0L._SL210_.jpg

(Barry M. Lip Paint in Baby Pink 100)

Latest posts

Back