Urban Decay Black Palette for Fall 2010

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

internetchick

Beauty Blogger
Reaction score
You thought you’d seen all the palettes Urban Decay had to offer this Autumn/Fall/Winter? Not yet you haven’t!

Introducing the antithesis to The Naked Palette…

blackpaletteopen.jpg

Calling all rock chicks, Urban Decay have another new palette coming up and this one’s for you! The Black Palette (£23) is your antidote to spring pastels and summer neutrals.

Inspired by an era of explicit unbridled rock, Urban Decay’s The Black Palette is sure to unleash your inner Alice Cooper in no time!

The Black Palette by Urban Decay allows even the meekest in the karaoke bar to own their inner rocker. Conjure up your dark side with our six black-based shadows. Create unlimited smokey-eye combinations that boost your confidence level to ‘no shame.’ Five shadows reveal veiled color shifts of blue, green, purple, gold and silver, and the sixth is pure deep black.

Whether you want deep coverage, or smudged out sheerness, these rich and velvety, unadulterated shades can party all night long and still look walk-of-shame worthy in the morning.

Let’s take a closer look at the shades that will be included:

BLACK DOG – A deep matte blackBARRACUDA – Black with silver shift

JET – Black with deep shimmering purple shift

SABBATH – Black with deep shimmering blue shift

COBRA – Black with shimmering gold shift

LIBERTINE - Black with deep shimmering green shift
The Black Palette will also include a deluxe mini of Eden Eyeshadow Primer Potion (a matte finish nude eyeshadow primer) and a 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero.

Ohhh, I do love me a good smoky eye!

Urban Decay’s Black Palette (£23 or €33) will be available from September instore selected Boots, Debenhams & House of Fraser Stores and online at the usual Urban Decay stockists.

Source

Any idea if this is a UK only release? Any info on the US release (if any)?

I like the looks of Barracuda and Jet but I don't think I'll be going for this one!
smile.gif
Hehe besides I already splurged enough on the Naked palette!

Maybe everyone will get excited and frenzied about this and I can FINALLY get my paws on the Naked palette.
biggrin.gif

Ooh, dark shadows, they look really promising ! I kind of wish it had more colors too.

Originally Posted by bCreative /img/forum/go_quote.gif Guess I'm the only one who thinks it looks very basic and plain. No you are no the only one. I think I need a break from the Urban Decay palettes. They are all starting to look alike at least the eye shadows do.

Originally Posted by bCreative /img/forum/go_quote.gif Guess I'm the only one who thinks it looks very basic and plain. It does but when it comes to dark looks there isn't a ton of colors available, and i appreciate having available a palette with only dark shadows. That said, i'm still waiting to see it IRL before i buy.

I wasn't feeling the darkness until I saw the swatches. I want more vibrancy out of it and the Pixie Epoxy looks so good with it. The whole bottome three are my fave.

Hmm, I wasn't a big fan seeing them swatched over UDPP...but I like them with that Fyrinnae stuff. I wonder if I used UDPP in Sin if that would make them look more like the bottom looks.

So...I'm still on the fence about wanting this one. Guess I'd have to see it in person first.

I have never used the Eden version of the primer, so I have no idea why they look so blah over it. Doesn't exactly make me want to run out and buy that primer lol.

Back