So what happened to the trend of using a MAC 109 for foundation?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

internetchick

Beauty Blogger
Reaction score
All I heard about for awhile there among beauty channels, blogs, etc. was MAC 109, MAC 109, MAC 109. Was it just not a good tool for use in the long run?

It would be great if it didn't shed so much. I got it after I saw all the hype, and having used it once or twice for foundation, I hated it, because of all the shedding--I don't have neither the time nor the patience to remove hair from my face. It's great for contouring and highlighting though, so I don't regret buying it. I found the highlighter brush from Illamasqua does exactly the same job when applying foundation, and won't shed at all! So if anyone likes the finish but hates the shedding, you can check it out!

Exactly. It shed's like a biatch with cream and liquid products. I also bought into the hype and, of course, regretted it.

It is a great brush for applying foundation if you don't mind feeling like you are wearing a fur on your face.

LOL! Luckily this was one trend I did not follow. I wish I were wise enough to avoid them all.
wink.gif

I bought into the hype too and I now use it for contour. Got tired of picking hairs off my face.

I'm glad i never tried that trend too, to think i was really tempted to buy the 109 just for that
laughing.gif

I never got that brush, but even after reading this thread I still want to buy it! I go back and forth between using different brushes, but the MAC #187 will always be a HG foundation brush for me. It does shed a bit sometimes, but I can deal with that

LOL! I think half these "trends" are marketing ploys... It was too weird when everybody was saying to use it for foundation. I much prefer the adesign or elf brushes for liquids than a natural bristle.

I didn't jump on this bandwagon, even though I still want to, as I like trying different techniques for my foundation. The only people that I still see using it on YT are Sam and Nic from Pixiwoo, and they don't even use it all the time.

Back