NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil swatches

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

internetchick

Beauty Blogger
Reaction score
On my monitor these look true to in person color. They feel quite smooth and creamy. I can't wait to wear them. If I love them I will add more swatches as I get them.

From Left to Right:

Yogurt 611, Milk 604, Black Bean 601, French Fries 609

1001570i.jpg

Top Row Left to Right:

Milk, French Fries

Bottom Row Left to Right:

Black Bean, Yogurt

1001568u.jpg

I have black bean, milk, cottage cheese and pot and pans. I love them. They are super creamy smooth very opaque.

Black Bean, Milk, Yogurt, Pots & Pans

French Fries, Horse Radish, Baby Blue, Pacific

Lavender, Strawberry Milk, Hot Pink

black bean seems to have a greasier formula than the others.  I've noticed it somewhat, and I know others have said similar things about it as well.

I use the dark brown jumbo pencil for my eye brows.

I accidentally left my camera plugged in to the computer last night, so the battery died - but I'm charging up the battery a bit and I'll come back and edit this post with swatches of two of the newer shades - Pure Gold and Electric Blue.
smile.gif
Also I'll post swatches of the other colours I have that aren't already in this thread!

EDIT: Here they are!! Top row is Slate and Iced Mocha, bottom row is Pure Gold, Electric Blue, Cottage Cheese, and Dark Brown.

EDIT 2: Weren't showing anymore (for me at least) so re-uploaded it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

After using a brush and blending them out, I have come to love my NYX jumbo pencils. As bases only, though.

Yeah, I never use any type of cream shadows on their own, always bases. I gotta say though that Electric Blue is VERY pigmented. Like I did a tester of my Halloween makeup with it as a base, and the makeup was only on my eye for less than half an hour, and it stained my eyelid blue. Even after using oily makeup remover AND washing my face. It took a shower the next day for the rest of it to finally disappear.

Nothing serious, putting other makeup over it covered it but on my naked eye you could totally see a blue tint on the lid!
lol.gif

WnW Pixie, Lavender, Iced Mocha, Pure Gold

unfortunately the Lavender swatch does NOT show up well in this picture.  but in the picture below, the tip of the Lavender pencil is its accurate color on the skin.

Originally Posted by Beautiijunkii /img/forum/go_quote.gif

After using a brush and blending them out, I have come to love my NYX jumbo pencils. As bases only, though.

Beauti

wat are the colours you wld recommend to me...i wld like to try out and the ebay (singapore) has someone selling...

I love every single one I have bought so far. I always use them as a base on the lid, under my lower lid so my loose mineral liner sticks really well with no smudging, and for highlighting. Super affordable, incredibly creamy and easy to use with or without a brush. Likewise the Wet n Wild Idol Eyes. Beautiful, fat pencils which are incredibly pigmented. And CHEAP! I love both of these brands so much more than my MAC shadow sticks, without a doubt. I started using MAC *many* years ago and never thought I would stop, but they have lost a lot of my business in the past year and a half, especially with so many great-quality drug store brands on the shelves now which cost next to nothing.

Here are the jumbo pencils I own, minus Milk: Lime, Yellow, Orange, Black Bean, Electric Blue, Oyster, Pure Gold, Purple Velvet, Cherry, and Hot Pink. I use Milk the most though, it's the best shadow base ever! It really makes my shadows pop, and I especially love to use it under bright matte colors. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hot Pink stained my hand for 2 days after this swatch though, so beware! Btw, does anyone know if the Baby Blue pencil is shimmery? I'm looking for a matte baby blue shadow base but I haven't checked this pencil out in person. Thanks! ;D

I really love these. I have milk and black bean. I plan on getting more.

I use milk as a base, and black bean to smoke out my looks.

Pots and Pans looks more silvery I plan on getting that one as well and will most likey use that in my inner corners of my eyes to give me a more frosted look.

NYX=Love

Reasonable price

Who can complain.

Latest posts

Back