Check in for those on no buy

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How is everyone doing with their no buy?

I started July 10 (for a 6 month period) and happy to report I haven't bought anything. I spotted NYX at Zellers, walked by Sephora and resisted. I keep looking at my stash and tell myself I don't need anything.

The only thing I'm allowed to buy every three months is mascara.

If I continue to be good I may extend my no buy
smile.gif

Ive been doing more of a low-buy but im still doing good. Im always bumping the used up and hit pan thread so im doing good! lol

i'm...doing ok. i'm more of a low buy as well. Just thinking of what i own all ready helps me not go overboard. i've been buying lately really what i need.

I can't remember the last time I bought anything. Except for 3 earrings at a flea market for $3... The son still doesn't have a job and with hos classes he may not get one till he graduates. In a year. So I'm depressed.. Lol.

I did OK for awhile, but recently got a few drugstore things (mine is a drugstore no-buy). I am actually thinking of ending mine a month early. I have been on it for a year, and I think I have gotten to the point that I wanted to be where I weigh what I really want. I do buy drugstore if I like it, but I am no longer denying myself more expensive items that I want.

I'm officially joining the "no buy" club for the time being. We're moving from Chicago to Phoenix this Friday, so until we've completed the move and bought (moved into) our new house, I'm cut off
frown.gif
Looks like nothing for me until at least November........

I'm not on a no buy, but I am on a mission to limit what I buy to the brand or two that actually work for me (Bare Escentuals only right now). That's been going on for about a month now, and it's going really well. I'm learning to look, but not touch!

I'm on a low buy too. It's doing pretty well. I'm not following my personal rules, but I am getting the cheap ones. My new rule is no more cosmetics until I get a job.

I'm also mixing my pan projects so they're more wearable everyday.

My new rule: color focus

I have a challenge to create a look based on one (or two) wearble colors. Today is purple. I was thinking neutral with a pop of purple.

Right now I have a makeup bag that i have my everyday items in. I think this way I use up more stuff.

HELP! I've been on a "No Buy" for almost 2 months and I'm about to lose my mind!!!!!!! We just recently moved from Chicago to Phoenix and we're in the process of buying a new house. So, luxuries at this time is a definite "NO"! However, I'm jonesing for an Ulta trip. Even a new lipgloss (preferably Napoleon or Stila) would make me temporarily feel great but remorseful in the end. Any words of encouragement would be GREATLY appreciated :-(

Originally Posted by kikikinzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif HELP! I've been on a "No Buy" for almost 2 months and I'm about to lose my mind!!!!!!! We just recently moved from Chicago to Phoenix and we're in the process of buying a new house. So, luxuries at this time is a definite "NO"! However, I'm jonesing for an Ulta trip. Even a new lipgloss (preferably Napoleon or Stila) would make me temporarily feel great but remorseful in the end. Any words of encouragement would be GREATLY appreciated :-( You have been doing good so far. Why not "shop" in your stash?? Maybe you will find something you havent used in a while.

I've been doing that and it's not helping much. I've even been wearing my not really used lipsticks to bed at night just to "wear" them. It's more than not being able to shop. I used to DVR all the makeup shows on QVC just to get my "fix" for makeup but we don't have a DVR or the channel where we're staying (in-laws). So it's like I've been cut-off completely! I'm praying for a quick closing date on the house (anywhere from the 12th of Oct to the 22nd of Oct) just so I can have some normalcy back in my life. Shopping is one of my favorite outlets and it's a big fat "NO" for the next few weeks. Is this what withdrawal feels like? UGH!!!!!!!!! I need some serious makeup intervention.

I'm starting tomorrow after I buy a little today. I've spent £90 on make up alone in the past TWO WEEKS. Eek. Blame MAC's VV collection.

I slipped up once and bought some items. I was upset at the time and needed retail therapy, lol. Otherwise I'm finding it not bad at all once you get into it. I'm using and rediscovering things in my stash. Once no buy is over I may purchase a few needed items since it will be close to Christmas. After Christmas  I may try it for another 6 months.

I give up on no buys for now, but I like trolling this forum. Right now I'm going through a 'buy everything you see' phase. I need help. 

[SIZE=12pt]Great post…. you have done great job….it very cool post. [/SIZE]

Back