Is anyone else "Psycho" lol

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
On Saturday I was at the mall with my Boyfriend just walking around because there was nothing else to do and it was raining out lol.. When we were there we stopped in Sephora..

I couldn't settle on a buy though haha, I have a gift card too so its not like its money out of my pocket.. Its not even because the selection was huge but just because the stuff I was interested in buying I hadn't read any reviews on yet lol I just feel like theres so much crap out there that I don't want to spend money on something I'll just have to return anyways lol is anyone else like this? My boyfrined thought I was "psycho" lol

Nope. You're not psycho, lol. I'm pretty much the same, and for some reason it's even worse when it is a gc I'm using. I like to read reviews first too, because I don't want to throw my money away on junk, even if they have a great return policy. Who wants to make another trip?

Ohh yeah... I will see something new and unless its on sale cheap... I will wait to go see if its worth buying. And everyone thinks I'm psycho.. Period! Lol.

you're definitely NOT psycho!!! I do the same thing, it takes me forever to settle on one item, and usually I change my mind it's so bad lol

I'm on that wagon too, i read and compare online, write down a list that will get modified a few times before being copied into my trusty notebook inside my purse, and then i still have to choose between eyeshadow or mascara. But i don't care, it's my money.

I figured I wasn't the only one haha.. I just can't bare going into a store and buying things blindly any more :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> its just not worth the time or the money

That's where my Blackberry comes in handy... get online and search for reviews while in the store!

I only wait for sales on items I know will be there later. At drugstores I refuse to buy unless there is BOGOF. I did get NYX at full price recently, but they aren't expensive and are hard to find around here. I had to get while the getting was good lol.

As far as Sephora goes, I will pay full price for things they never seem to clearance off. Or, if I don't want it that bad and it is not LE I will wait for a F&F sale.

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif That's where my Blackberry comes in handy... get online and search for reviews while in the store! I love my iphone more each day for that same reason
biggrin.gif

That's totally reasonable! I'm psycho because I purposefully ignore reviews and buy blindly. Bad reviews make me want to try the product even more than good reviews for some reason.

Somedays...nothing looks good. I just look around and go home. Why waste the money on something that you didn't want in the first place for the sake of buying something because you didnt want to go home empty handed. This is what I'm trying to teach my kids that just because you went to the mall, doesn't mean you HAVE to buy something.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif Somedays...nothing looks good. I just look around and go home. Why waste the money on something that you didn't want in the first place for the sake of buying something because you didnt want to go home empty handed. This is what I'm trying to teach my kids that just because you went to the mall, doesn't mean you HAVE to buy something. I'm just coming into that quality myself lol... Before if I went to the mall and didn't leave with something it was a wasted trip and also when I was still in High School it was not "cool" to be a Mall Rat lol..

As if I care now lol

Its not like being a mall rat, they just hang around and loiter. I don't buy anything if I don't like what I'm buying. Its a good quality to have. Just wasting time is better than wasting time and money... You need to spend time to EARN that money and to throw that away on crap is wasting both the time you spent to earn the $$ and the $$.

I can spend $20 bucks without thinking, but if it's a GC, I agonize about "doing it right" but I LOVE GC's. I got almost $300 of them last year, and didn't spend them for a while, but DH sent me out one night and I spent them all...

I'm actually the other way round... When its cash, I will contemplate about it more than what I deemed 'already spent money' such as giftcards. I will spend GC on whatever I want... usually I will add it to go towards something bigger that I want or something totally frivolous.

I'm the same way divadoll. I had about $60 worth of gift cards and I bought MUFE matt velvet foundation. I wouldn't buy that with my own money but since it was gift cards I didn't mind the splurge.

...definitely!! Because its someone elses $$$ and they've already spent it but you get to pick out what you want. How great is that!

When I have a gift card for some reason it's much harder for me to pick something. I feel like I have to be extra picky and buy something totally amazing with it. LOL!

I usually end up adding more of my own $. If it is a $60 GC, I'd get something like $100 so its like the item was on sale for $40
smile.gif
because I'd been eyeing it for a while and $100 was more than what I wanted to spend on it.

Maybe its because you didn't have anything on your wishlist so you'd have to look for that special thing?

Back