Wax finish nail polish?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ce2be0e21631fea5_ginger-and-iz-wax-nail-polish-finish.jpg

Supposed to look like you dipped your finger nails in candle wax... Anyone try this new look? Will you?

20RFW_09-2T.jpg

Royal Flush (Wax Coat) is a dark vampy black-cherry color that dries with a candle wax like finish. Sexy, dark, and mysterious. Explore your inner dare devil. Looks great with Ginger’s favorite over-sized “borrowing my boyfriends watch†look. Also looks undeniably haute with menswear inspired pieces, rough/edgy accessories, classic cardigans, and leather leggings. - Royal Flush

Interesting... I may try it. My nails are never perfect so it'll look like polish but it doesn't NEED to be perfect.

Gross, no thanks. I like my cuticles clean and polish (err wax?) free.

I agree with Lola. I don't think it looks sexy, I think it looks messy. Not my style but I suppose others might be able to rock it

Oh also, Ginger + Liz kind of shot themselves in the foot when they went after a blogger who compared their polishes to Diamond Cosmetics polish, who is a private label distributor. Honestly, some of their polishes are exact dupes of DC polishes, so why pay $12 when you can pay $2??

You can read the ridiculous C&D letter here

ETA: the dupe post

Yeah.  It doesn't look like she cleaned up the cuticules and maybe put it on on the thick side.  I'm betting this is a polish best put on in a couple of very thin layers.

Cult Nails just announced they're putting out a wax finish top coat.  I'm all over that!  I'll be snapping it up when it's released.

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think you can use it and do a nicer job? lol

loving the look but think it would be best on the thinner side. Looks really too thick.

yea, i think if it was cleaned up and on the thinner side it might look ok, might be a good option for some nail art designs.

Back