What company have larger than average mineral foundation jars?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are all pretty much the same. They are in 30g containers which really only hold 8g of product.

jar_comparison_shot_jpg.jpg

Meow ...Not bad at all...

Those Meow jars are massive! I don't know if you have Natio over seas, but their jars are 13g or something like that, which doesn't sound like much more but it's sometimes 5/6gs heavier then ones like Maybelline and Loreal(which are normally about 8g), which I think makes a huge difference. And they are cheaper with great coverage.

I wouldn't choose a company based on jar size, considering bigger jar size doesn't necessarily mean "cheaper/better deal" and certainly doesn't guarantee better quality. Keep in mind that makeup also has a shelf life, and having a large jar that'll last 5-10 years instead of 1-2 might not be the best idea. If you need quantity though, you might e-mail some of the online stores. They might be able to give you a discount for buying in bulk, if that's what you're going for. Never hurts to ask.

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif Keep in mind that makeup also has a shelf life, and having a large jar that'll last 5-10 years instead of 1-2 might not be the best idea. If one does not dip the brush in the jar, nor swirls the brush on the lid or keeps the powder exposed in a wet environment - there's no risk of contamination. Besides - ZnO is antibacterial, has to be one tough bugger to even try.

I usually go thru 1 container every 4 months - 8g (30g container). 1 x3oz container is approximately 3x more product (22-30g)... that last me about a year. As long as you keep it dry, it'll last a very long time. Inert materials don't general degrade with time. There are no liquids for bacteria to grow either.

Jane Iredale's loose foundation comes in a 10.5g jar... kind of pricey but worth it for the coverage, quality and it lasts a long time even with daily wear

Meow is 30 grams net ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love the Pampered one, but I need a good primer (like Fyrinnae) and a good finishing powder (Fyrinnae, Buff'd, Aromaleig) because the staying power is not strong as other brands

Back