Essence makeup??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I guess they sell this makeup brand at Ulta...its fairly cheap makeup, just wondering if anyone has tried any and their opinions......

Essence is a German drugstore brand. I LOVE their nail polishes, good quality for a low price. They do limited edition stuff every few weeks, to keep up with nail polish trends, which I like.

The rest isn´t all that great. They do have a mascara that resembles Diorshow (it has a huge brush!) that´s supposed to be good. I tried it a few years ago but can´t remember if I liked it or not.

Their double ended eyepencil (black and white) is such crap ! I don't think i've tried anything else from that brand.

I tried the mascara mentioned above with the big brush and it was disappointing. It performed exactly how you would expect a $3.49 mascara would! Yuk!

Fred Meyer's sells it in Washington State. I really like Essence's concealer stick. It's long wearing and works well under my tinted spf  (The balm). It's only a couple of dollars. I dunno about the rest of the line it looks like it's on par with Wet & Wild. I don't usually use drug store makeup, but this concealer did what I expected it to.

Their Black Mania eyeliner pencil is the best stuff ever. Super dark, super creamy, doesn't skip. I save it for when I need to do precision work (such as a nice winged liner) and I need something that doesn't give me grief. Top notch quality, no joke.

Originally Posted by Turboweevel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Their Black Mania eyeliner pencil is the best stuff ever. Super dark, super creamy, doesn't skip. I save it for when I need to do precision work (such as a nice winged liner) and I need something that doesn't give me grief. Top notch quality, no joke.

Would you say it's like UD 24/7 liner?

I have the UD 24/7 liner but it's so expensive that I'd rather buy a comparable drugstore brand. I like my eyeliners to not smudge at all.

Incomparably better. The color payoff is more intense and the formulation creamier. I've swatched both on my hands. Essence Black Mania pencil on top, UD 24/7 in Zero below. I didn't sharpen them for the swatch.

Wow. Cool swatch. Thx.

Originally Posted by Turboweevel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Incomparably better. The color payoff is more intense and the formulation creamier. I've swatched both on my hands. Essence Black Mania pencil on top, UD 24/7 in Zero below. I didn't sharpen them for the swatch.

I have 2 of their lip liners, they were .99 each. I like them well enough, they are smoother (go on easier) than most drugstore pencils. Colors are pretty, I bought Honey Bun and Cute Pink.  

i used essence when i was a pre-teen back in germany, it's kind of like the european/german sister of wet n wild. haha. i don't know how good their quality has been lately, back in the day it was alright for what it is.

It's hit n miss. Some products are really great and others are underwhelming. I don't care for their eyeshadows but I liked their glosses, their liners and nailpolish. Never used their foundations or concealers.

I really like the lipgloss Essence sells, it stays on for a descent amount of time, not too sticky...plus super cheap. I agree with eyeliners...good to have these as backups.

I have one of their glosses. Works fine, nothing special but it's good for a drugstore brand. I'm dying over the circus circus collection right now though! I wish I could find somewhere that sells it in the US >.<

I bought a .99 blush and I actually love it, very pigmented and a matte bronzer that is a lovely chocolate colour, also great pigment, neither was chalky or powdery :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I like the Silky Touch Blushes. I haven't tried the line of lipsticks available here in the US, but the long-lasting lipstick line which you can find in Europe (black cases, not the usual colored ones) is pretty good, so if those come to the US, definitely pick them up! The Sun Club bronzer is OK, as is the nail polish. I have a purple eyeliner that I don't really like from them, but apparently the black one (swatched by someone above) is good! Don't buy the liquid liner felt tip pen, though; it stains. Like, you will have stains on your eye for two days if you use that. 

Has anyone else here tried Catrice (sister brand to Essence, not available in the U.S.)? It's one of my favorite drugstore brands, and I really wish the products were available here in the States! I love the nail polish, the lipsticks, the blushes, the eyeshadows, like the foundations and mascaras, and have hated nothing that I've tried from Catrice. They need to bring Catrice to the U.S.!

Back