Skin Peel Recipe?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am looking for a recipe for either lactic acid or glycolic acid peel. Does anyone have one that they are happy with?

Interesting, I´d love to know as well. I always buy mine from Makeupartist´s choice and I´m quite happy with them

sorry, i don't have one, sensitive skin doesn't go well with skin peel so i sure stay away from them.

So, I found one where you just add water to dilute the 88% lactic acid. I read that one girl had no effect with 50% so I did a 50%...BIG mistake! My skin is way way way too sensitive for 50%. To top it off, I diluted and reapplied but I guess this is not the right thing to do because I now over exfoliated and my face is RAW!

Suggestion on the %% of lactic acid is start at 30% and maybe work up.

Formula is = 88/100 * % of formula will give you the % of lactic acid. You just adjust to get the % in the formula to get the desired % of lactic acid.

eg. 0.88 * 34 = 30% lactic acid.

Your formula would be 35% lactic acid and 65% water. Plug this into a formulator and you will get the measurements you need to make it. I mixed it in a small bottle and I measured by weight.

i dont have one, but does skin peel also help with acne? is there an acne solution that will ever work? acneskinsite.com

Just because of my quick experience with it last week, I would say defintely NO! NONONO for skin with acne. It may irritate more than usual and it may result in scarring. I can see it helping on acne scarring but not acne. Stay away!

The strength I used was way too harsh for me and I over exfoliated my face and left me with raw spots and redness. Boy did that hurt! Its a chemical burn!

I am going to try again next week with a weaker solution. I had a 50% solution so I'm going down to 30%. It isn't something you can sample again and again in a day. I did notice a texture change that my face is smoother after the burning went away.

It is very important to exfoliate every week, this is how you keep your skin looking good.

I agree MUAC products are great............

Back