Does anyone use stick foundation anymore?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

internetchick

Beauty Blogger
Reaction score
I remember seeing Bobbi Brown demonstrate a 1 minute face routine, and she used a foundation stick (of course her own). I do not see any stick foundations anymore. I have been thinking of doing her 1 minute routine for school, but I can't find any foundation to use. Maybe I should just get the Bobbi (I keep typing Boobi and have to edit it lol) Brown foundation. Urgh.

And do you set it with powder? I noticed she also used it to conceal with.

Stick foundation never really appealed to me so I don't keep an eye out for it, but now that you mention it, it HAS been a long time since I've heard anything about it...

I don't really like the idea of it either, but I thought maybe I could sheer it out with a wet sponge or something. I worry that it will be too heavy or feel cakey.

I bought the BB Stick foundation and are trying it out now. So far it works really good.

I would love an update on how you like it over the long term. I am concerned about breakouts, and staying power. What is the coverage like?

Love Bobbi Brown stick foundation. I use warm walnut, but only in the winter. My skin is too oily any other time of year.

Can make a look tomorrow (have only made the usual face these days) and post it up.

But are using the Bedhead Cosmetic stick foundation too, and love that one. Do not look cakey at all.

Originally Posted by SewAmazing /img/forum/go_quote.gif Love Bobbi Brown stick foundation. I use warm walnut, but only in the winter. My skin is too oily any other time of year. Have the #00 Alabaster.

the only other brands i can think of that have a stick foundation besides bobbi brown would be shu umera

Napoleon Perdis has one. It's an Aussie company but I'm pretty sure they are international now. It feels a little heavy at first but doesn't stay feeling heavy. Does that make sense? And it has great coverage.

This photo is from about 4 years ago, but I have Napoleon stick foundation on with a little Covergirl powder or something like that.

l_f8e6283377ffae6022caf0ec129259ca.jpg

Nice! I'll check the Target website and see if they have stick foundation in their NP line.

I've only used the Black Opal ones. They're really just cream foundation in a stick form. I like it for the winter. Gives a nice skin-like texture (to me). And easy to sheer out, blend, and doubles as concealer.

Well we have here on Brazil and I think in Uk too

But I think in US they change the stick for a cover creme, in a pot.

Here!

It´s the same.

But here we still have the stick, and of course 3X the price
frown.gif

I don´t know for sure, but I think you can buy from amazon, and some UK stores

Some girls from here use like a concealer and they say it look likes ``Cleu de peu´´

Look that!

Ha! I just used my MAC Studio Stick foundation stick today!! I really, really like it. It's stupid convenient, fast, and doubles as a concealer and foundation when you're running short on time. I love it! I plan on using mine with the Set Powder I just ordered.

For Internetchick. Stick poundation is worst than using a concealer all over your face. Not only your dragging your skin, wetting your sponge will also not work with it. You might instead use liquid to powder foundation. The only one I know that makes it is wet and wild, but even that company took it off the market because its not good and its not selling. Think about it! If you cant find it somewhere that means it aint good!

I have used stick foundation long ago, and it never drug my skin around. It's not around due to trends. Lots of good products have disappeared over the years.

Back