Scrubs - Salt Vs Sugar

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me, sugar is better than salt. Salt irritates my skin, but i guess it depends on the skin type.

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif Baking soda for the face, sugar for the body. I didn't know baking soda is good for the face.=)

Originally Posted by skinbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif I didn't know baking soda is good for the face.=) I've used it for years. I actually included it in a cleanser that I made. Just don't wear it as a mask because if you leave it on too long, it will burn your skin.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've used it for years. I actually included it in a cleanser that I made. Just don't wear it as a mask because if you leave it on too long, it will burn your skin. How does it help your skin?

It's a very fine grain
smile.gif

Originally Posted by skinbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif I didn't know baking soda is good for the face.=) baking soda is actually a soft, gentle, natural cleanser for practically everything (skin, rash, tiles, bathroom, kitchen, trash can, stains, toys, etc). it is a deodorant, disinfectant, antiseptic, antacid, helps alleviate allergic reactions, and is naturally found in mineral springs (that people go to mountain tops to bathe in as miracle water)
it's like an everything powder everybody forgets about since it's so simple. The arm and hammer site actually has an entire section of their website devoted to suggestions, but that's another topic
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif baking soda is actually a soft, gentle, natural cleanser for practically everything (skin, rash, tiles, bathroom, kitchen, trash can, stains, toys, etc). it is a deodorant, disinfectant, antiseptic, antacid, helps alleviate allergic reactions, and is naturally found in mineral springs (that people go to mountain tops to bathe in as miracle water)
it's like an everything powder everybody forgets about since it's so simple. The arm and hammer site actually has an entire section of their website devoted to suggestions, but that's another topic
wink.gif

oh that was great to know. i'd better try using baking soda now=)

Originally Posted by skinbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif How does it help your skin? Not only does it have fine grains but it is alkaline so it performs a light chemical peel as well if you don't leave it too long. Leave it long enough and it does a deep chemical peel so it will burn.

Salt is too harsh, so don't use salt as a facial scrub.

The sugar scrub is more gentle and therefore good for sensitive skin. Salt scrub is a bit irritating and stingy to skin and therefore not to be used in sensitive, irritated or sut skin.

Yes, salt is good for the feet, i think you can also use it on the very dry parts of your body with no problem, like knees, elbows.

Back