Does anyone else watch Teen Mom?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's a question for anyone who watches Teen Mom.

Does anyone else think that Catelynn's mom is extremely mentally abusive. She calls her daughter b****, a**hole, and just talks to her absolutely terrible, when the Catelynn really doesn't do anything? I really don't know any mom that calls her child those types of names.

Maybe she should have been tougher with her before she got pregnant. Its a bit late now, isn't it? I don't watch the show. I think it's sad that these girls have thrown away their lives by becoming moms at such a young age.

I love this show. It's hard for me to watch because while I think it's great how they are showing these moms struggle, I wish they would give them some counseling because they all have issues that they need to deal with.

Catelynn's mom is DEFINITELY abusive and I don't think people realize how damaging verbal abuse can be. They're told just to have "thicker skin".

I dont watch it because once upon a time I was a teen mom and the show really offends me. Society has to put a negative light on what they deem as unacceptable. They only show drama and negativity.

Her mother is mean. I can't believe the way that she talks to her! I can't wait until they are on the "reunion" show or whatever it is and they call her out on her behaviour.

I´ve watched a few episodes and had to shake my head while watching. I still don´t get people´s fascination with watching other people mess up their lives on TV.

Never heard of the show. Is it another retarded, waste of everyone's time, reality show?

No I don't think it's wasteful, on the contrary I think it's a real good idea four couples thinking about having sex, or even getting pregnant. They basically follow the lives of four girls who are teens, everyone has a different story. One of the girls is not with the father anymore and is dating now, one couple is in a very toxic relationship, and one of the girls boyfriend/baby daddy passed away while she was pregnant so she is a single mother.

In Caitlinn's case her and her boyfriend actually gave the baby up for adoption. I can now understand why. Her mother is very mentally/verbally abusive and her stepfather is a recovering drug addict.

She puts the fun in dysfunctional. All kidding aside, yeah it v wrong to talk to your children so terribly. If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say it at all.

Broken homes are def a cycle and when I heard her say that I realized that they did their best in choosing adoption.

I disagree with the comments that it's just features people messing up their lives from having a kid so young. I think the only one who would fall into that category is Amber because she dropped out of school, is on welfare, only has a part time job, and doesn't really seem to be trying to get ahead in life.

I find the other girls to be inspiring. Even Farrah, whom I don't particularly care for, is working really hard, going to school, paying her own way, and really trying to get a better life for her and her daughter.

Yeah I really feel for Farrah, who would have known that her boyfriend would have passed away during her pregnancy? That must be so tough!

I sympathize with Farrah on an emotional level. Losing the father of your daughter and not having a good relationship with your parents would be so hard. However, I do not agree with her parenting. Leaving her baby outside her appartment while she goes in to put stuff away, leavig her baby in the sink with hot water running (she touched the hot water and burnt her hand), leaving her baby on her bed, which she ended falling off of, and leaving her in wet clothes for almost a whole scene... No thanks. And the whole thing that happened with her trying to sell her car.. Come on. Be smarter about things!

I dont like to watch Amber and Gary. They are pathetic and I feel bad for Leah.

Catelynn's mother is a b****. I can't stand listening to her make a fight out of everything!

Maci.. I love her. She is such a strong person, the best mom on the show hands down.

I really do love this show and I don't think it should be taken as a negitive. It shows what is happening to hundreds of girls across the world, and its not always pretty, but it's real and that's all they are trying to show. You have to be ready for a baby, and if it takes showing how 4 girls lives have changed dramaticly because of unprotected sex, then so be it.

Back