Do you have any square tip lipsticks?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
spread_xRfYhv.jpg

BellaSugar is reporting that..... Square or blocky-tipped lipsticks are showing up all over the place, and it's not initially clear why you'd ever want to use a product that doesn't actually follow the shape of your lips. Here's the thing, though: these square tips aren't as good for quick daily application, but they do offer a great deal more control, and if you apply your lipstick with a lip brush, they load your color more evenly. Basically, if you're getting ready for a big event, really want a precise line, or use brushes instead of the stick itself, they're a superior choice. If you're curious to see whether you're hip to square lipstick, there's a wide range of options, from fancy products like new Hourglass Femme Rouge Velvet Creme Lipstick ($30) to bargains like Avon Mega Impact Lipstick ($8). To learn more about any of the products above, you can just click on the images.

Source - Why Rectangular and Oddly Shaped Lipsticks Actually Work Well

I don't really care if it's square or not, honestly. I don't apply enough lipstick for it to matter.

I don't like the square tips. I don't see how they give you more control or work better with a lip brush.

Totally not interested. I like the usual lipstick shape. I'm used to it and I don't want to change.

I've used square lipsticks and I thought it was kind of a pain. I prefer traditional.

i dont think i would like the square shape... i find the 'typical' shape to large for my lips as is, i actually prefer the shape of stuff like mac slim shines, or the bobbi brown treatment lip shine.

I find that fits with the contour of my lips the best

I've never seen those around before... you're going to wear the tip down into you own personal shape anyway so it doesn't really matter I guess
smile.gif

I use a fine lip brush to get sharp lines on my lips so it doesn't matter what shape it is.

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've never seen those around before... you're going to wear the tip down into you own personal shape anyway so it doesn't really matter I guess
smile.gif
True true. Unless someone has the time to cut it. I knew someone who had a straight tube chap-stick. She would apply it at an angle to mimic the shape of the traditional lipstick.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_zxtA1uyKfrY/TGBiRudWrVI/AAAAAAAABlw/vnuwVfSUNL8/s400/Paul-Joe-fall-2010-cat-lipstick.jpgHow's about cat shaped? Aren't they so cute and unpractical?

LOL, I saw these in this months issue of glamour. I love em, I think they are absolutely adorable... so adorable, I wouldn't use them haha. I'm a sucker for kitty's too.
Anyway... I don't think I've ever used square tip lipstick, but I'm not really a lipstick girl. I feel like I wouldn't care too much, but who honestly knows.

Those P&J lippies are so creepy to me, lol. Every time I see them, I cringe.

I have one CdP lipstick, and I really like the shape because it's easy to get into the corners of my mouth, and I can use the points on the lippie as a lip liner.

If you happen to want to try the Avon one it's on sale for $4.99. My friend Pamela is an Avon representative. I'll have to ask her if she's used the mega impact or had any feedback on it. I love the kitty lip sticks, they're too cute to actually use!!!

EDIT: Pamela says, "I have used it - trust me it doesn't take it long to look like whatever your other lipsticks look like." LOL

Latest posts

Back