Must-Have Kitchen Appliance

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The biggest money saver in my kitchen is my foodsaver vacuum sealer. Before I bought this, we had thrown away 2 garbage bags of meat from the freezer that had become freezer burnt. After we got this, we've hardly thrown any meat away. I don't know what I would do without one.

Gamesaver%20deluxe.gif

I love food savers. I plan to buy one when we get into a bigger place because right now we have no room for it (tiny apartment kitchen).

My brother has one and seems to like it, i can't say i'm convinced. I'd rather get a pressure cooker, now that is one thing i cannot live without
laughing.gif

I love mine! We have the boilable bags, so I can put soups in (without the vacuum obviously lol) and they are easy peasy to reheat.

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif My brother has one and seems to like it, i can't say i'm convinced. I'd rather get a pressure cooker, now that is one thing i cannot live without
laughing.gif
I'm scared of pressure cookers. I'm afraid that if I did it wrong, it'll explode. I have one and I've never used it.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love mine! We have the boilable bags, so I can put soups in (without the vacuum obviously lol) and they are easy peasy to reheat. I've never thought to use it for soup.

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif Crock pot and blender. We would starve if I didn't have those. I use my crock pot and stick blender for soaps. I also use a crock pot to make my greek slow roast lamb *yum* I would also die without my food processor, and my deepfryer.

My other must haves:

Kitchen Aid stand mixer and food processor

Crock Pot

Rice Cooker

Huge Griddle (makes 8 pancakes at a time!)

Coffee Maker

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif Kitchen Aid stand mixer and food processorCrock Pot

Rice Cooker

Coffee Maker

haha my coffee maker was the first thing that popped into my head too!!
Rice Cooker is the other major "appliance" that gets used regularly here. Small apartment, wish we had more room for things. (Heck, I'd love it if we had room for a pantry or a food closet...we use half of the room under the dining table for our "pantry")

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif My other must haves:
Kitchen Aid stand mixer and food processor

Crock Pot

Rice Cooker

Coffee Maker

I bought the grinder attachment for my KA mixer last Christmas so I can make my own ground meats! It makes wicked burger mixes.
I was thinking rice cooker too but I can make rice in a pot on the stove so I wouldn't be to sad if it dies. 8 pancakes, eh? What brand?

Well I'm pathetic! My "can't live without it" appliance would be my microwave. A must for nuking insta meals on the nights I don't cook....which are many!

I wasn't even counting microwave because its sort of like a given that its there. Fridge, stove, dishwasher and microwave...those are like barebones to me. I'd be lost without my nuker.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif I bought the grinder attachment for my KA mixer last Christmas so I can make my own ground meats! It makes wicked burger mixes.
I was thinking rice cooker too but I can make rice in a pot on the stove so I wouldn't be to sad if it dies. 8 pancakes, eh? What brand?

I think it is from Rival. With 5 people, being able to make a lot at one time is a must.

I've been wanting one of those saver things. But first is a new freezer, right now I feel like I'm playing Tetris loading things up in the one we have now. Especially after Costco

Back