Emergency Flashlights

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I used to have flashlights that plug into the wall, you use them when you have a power outage but I found that when I did need them, they no longer hold a charge
frown.gif
This is my biggest phobia in the winter - blackouts! and snow.

With the wider use of LED lights, you can get flashlights that charge with 3 squeezes and can through light well enough to get around! I bought 1 for everyone and I found them at the dollarstore!

lg-flashlight-squeeze-light-LED-flashlight.jpg

Instead of candles, I use light sticks. 2 large lightsticks can light a room bright enough for the kids and I to play a board game. 1 lightstick near the mirror in the bathroom lights the way so everyone knows where a bathroom is. Best of all, no threat of fire and they last at least 6hrs if they are fresh.

5070y.jpg

I really love the light stick idea! Great for kids which could take a scary situation into something fun. I have a "wind up" LED flashlight that you crank and then it lights up.

I also have an LED flashlight that is part of my alarm clock. It's great because it's always charged and I never lose it!

Then, of course, there are the dozens of candles I have.

This is the area I don't care for LEDs. If you know of a good brand let me know, but every one I have tried does not illuminate that large of an area. Traditional halogens work much better IMO.

We keep a bunch of batteries and flashlights around. Around this time of year we begin testing flashlights to see which need to be replaced or just need new bulbs.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif This is the area I don't care for LEDs. If you know of a good brand let me know, but every one I have tried does not illuminate that large of an area. Traditional halogens work much better IMO.
We keep a bunch of batteries and flashlights around. Around this time of year we begin testing flashlights to see which need to be replaced or just need new bulbs.

Definitely the LED doesn't throw a lot of light but it is bright enough to get you to your stash of light sticks. These throw a lot of light and I don't have to worry about something catching on fire. Each kid gets a squeeze flashlight and then when we have grouped, they get a light stick to take around with them. I hang one half way up the stairs so everyone sees the stairs. I hate having to go thru batteries to see what works and what doesn't. They also have a habit of exploding. Our last long outage lasted 3 days.
I have a giant maglite that I take when we go trick or treating. It's good as a weapon if I needed one (I hope I never need one).

BTW... light sticks are also good to take camping. You doesn't matter if you drop them in the water and they last 6-8hrs at its brightest and 16-24hrs til its dead.

The light sticks are a great idea... We had one of those squeze flash lights and the kids broke it.. lol I have a couple high power led worklights on charge all the time in the garage incase of a power outage...

Latest posts

Back