Did you exercise today?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Did you get a workout in? If so, what did you do?

Today was a treadmill day so I jogged on my treadmill for two 30 minute sessions...one this morning and one this afternoon. During the week, I alterate the FIRM videos with the treadmill.

What do you do to workout??

I was a good girl this morning but only did 45 mins cardio on the treadmill on varying inclines. Yay!

The Firm tapes are great. I love the original ones and wish they would put them out on DVD.

Grace- kiss that precious little pumpkin of yours! He is adorable!!

I did my pilates routine that I used to teach in the morning (no class today), and then ran errands like a rat in a maze for about 2.5 hrs., then treadmilled it for about and hour and fifteen minutes, then some abs...

But then I am a workout FREAK!

Walking to class is the only exercise I ever get ... and I wonder why I am getting little tummy rolls.... lol

Back in high school I was on the track team and ran 3-5 miles a day (often up and down hills), 6 days a week ... man, I miss my muscular legs and flat tummy! lol

I love to work out!!!!

this morning i ran on the treadmill for 30min,then i did some tummy exercises for 15 mins.tonight i will get another work out, ihave a salsa class tonight then my dance studio is having a halloween ball
icon_cheesygrin.gif

lately i've been walking and not going to the gym.

it starts off walking up this big ass, steep hill. it's a whole mile. then i go down a hill for like 2 miles. then walk another mile home. so usually 4 miles.

but today, i walked for freaking ever! i think it was like 8-10 miles. not quite sure. but it was freakin long.

Yep
smile.gif
I run crosscountry for my highschool so I run miles and miles each day and usually every other day we lift weights. In the winter and spring I run track, also.

Rosie - 45 minutes is great!! I vary my inclines and speeds. It makes the time go by MUCH faster!! And the FIRM rocks!! It's given me so much muscle definition I never knew I had.

My son was actually not feeling that well tonight. He has a bad diaper rash and it's hard to see him hurting. But I held him for awhile, and now he's sleeping. He's my angel. :icon_love

Leila - Great job!! I'm a workout freak too. I workout in the morning, when my son takes a nap, and sometimes at night too!! I love how it makes me feel!! My husband calls me the workout queen.

Jennifer - I'm trying to lose the tummy I got from my pregnancy. I had a C-Section which is making it even harder, but I'm determined to get the flattest tummy I can have!!

nydoll23 - It sounds like you're another workout freak!! Salsa sounds like so much fun!!

Liz - Holy crap!! 8-10 miles!! WOW!!! 4 miles is awesome, but 8-10?! YOWZERS!!! Way to go!!!

Tonya - I'm ALWAYS sore the day after I do lunges. They give awesome results, but man can they kill, especially when you use dumbbells!!

Marisol - No, you're awesome!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by GraceGirl7 Jennifer - I'm trying to lose the tummy I got from my pregnancy. I had a C-Section which is making it even harder, but I'm determined to get the flattest tummy I can have!! Good for you! My tummy is just from laziness and fast food though, not pregnancy
wink.gif
lol
Hubby and I both need to start exercising soon just for our health, even though we're both underweight for our heights -- his family has a strong history of heart disease and we need to start healthy habits now!

OK ladies.. got my morning workout in. I did a FIRM video. It was much harder this morning for some reason. Maybe it's because my muscles are tired from working out the last five days. I made it through it though, and now I'm ready for my day!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Omg, I Wish I Was A Work Out Nut, I Dont Work Out At All, I Have A Treadmill That I Never Use, But I Will Start, How Many Minutes You Guys Recommend For A Starter?

I did my usual 1 hour cardio, 20 minutes of weights/abs Saturday but no workout today. Sunday is my total day off, Wednesday is cardio only.

Originally Posted by jennycateyez Omg, I Wish I Was A Work Out Nut, I Dont Work Out At All, I Have A Treadmill That I Never Use, But I Will Start, How Many Minutes You Guys Recommend For A Starter? Any exercise is better than none!
biggrin.gif

What I always learned in my fitness classes was that to get the most benefit, you need to get up to your optimal heart rate, and then exercise for 20-60 minutes at that heart rate, 3-5 days a week. (Make sure you do a warm-up and cool-down!) I'm sure there's websites around that tell you how to calculate your optimal heart rate based on gender, age, weight, etc....

Originally Posted by girl_geek Any exercise is better than none!
biggrin.gif

What I always learned in my fitness classes was that to get the most benefit, you need to get up to your optimal heart rate, and then exercise for 20-60 minutes at that heart rate, 3-5 days a week. (Make sure you do a warm-up and cool-down!) I'm sure there's websites around that tell you how to calculate your optimal heart rate based on gender, age, weight, etc....

THANK YOU FOR THE ADVICE SOUNDS GOOD

Latest posts

Back