My first impression of Bobbi Brown is not a good one

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

internetchick

Beauty Blogger
Reaction score
I stopped by today to get matched for concealer. The woman put on concealer, then matched me with a foundation and added blush and lipstick. As far as customer service goes they are top notch, but the products themselves have really been a disappointment. I got a sample of the corrector and concealer, and plan to keep trying them to see if they can work for me. So far though, I hate them. They keep settling into my fine lines literally after a few minutes of patting them out. The foundation was OK, but nothing special. It settled into lines as well, and to be honest I can name a few drugstore foundations I like better.

I do like my lipstick, but I really don't think Bobbi Brown is a line I will be putting any more money into. I can get lipsticks I like just as much for under $22.

And I looked at the shadows and they are nice, but nothing special. I can find colors I like just as much or more elsewhere and for less.

Am I the only one who feels this way about Bobbi Brown?

No you are not the only one. I don't like Bobbi Brown foundations. I have not found one product in her line that I would purchase. I don't get the hype over this line it's all drug store dupeable.

It's too bad it's not working for you
frown.gif
I haven't tried that brand, i would try it if it was cheaper, and i can't say i like their colors very much, i'd rather buy neutrals elsewhere.

I kind of agree with you. I think the only money worthing things from BB is their long wearing gel liners and their shimmer bricks. Their mascara works well, but you can get a drug store brand to work just as well.

I haven't tried it because of the price, I have no interest in it because of the price. I do not get all the hype about it or why it is so good, what's their niche?

I don't get the hype over BB either. I agree that they are totally dupable, everyone makes neutrals.

I LOVE Bobbi Brown for her concealer, I have a facial scar, and she keeps me from having to go to Dermablend, which is my last hope. I like her foundation stick and lip gloss as well, but everything else is comparable to other lines that I purchase more economically.

I really love her Skin foundation--I was a big fan of Px Virtual Skin, and the BB is the closest thing I have found to that. That being said...$45 is a LOT to pay for a foundation for me (considering when I worked for Px I got to make my own custom blend for free), and I have found a Mac one I like just as well.

I do love the quality of most of her shadows, even though the colors are probably easily dupable.

I like the glosses--I hate the little brush that comes in them, that spreads all wonky the first time you use it. I wish she'd go to a sponge tip applicator.

I've tried a couple of her skin care products but they aren't 'wow' enough to keep me spending the money on them.

I wanted to love her concealer as well, but it settled in my lines also. My sister, on the other hand, LOVES the concealer she has, so I guess everyone is different.

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif It's too bad it's not working for you
frown.gif
I haven't tried that brand, i would try it if it was cheaper, and i can't say i like their colors very much, i'd rather buy neutrals elsewhere. ita, it's too much money for a line that is mostly neutrals.

It just goes to show that the most expensive makeup isn't always the best!

I'm actaully happy to hear this, weird I know but there always a misconception that the likes of MAC and Bobbie Brown are the be all and end all of makeup and in reality they aren't! I have a lot of MAC shadows and blushes but these are the only products i buy from them. The rest of their range i'm not impressed with at all

Very true.

When I quit buying drugstore makeup I expected to have a ton of MAC, but really it's just a fraction of my collection. I have makeup from all brands.

I'm not a fan of her foundation but love everything else I've tried. Especially the gel liners and blush.

You're definitely not the only one. I've looked at their line many times in the past and always walk away empty handed because they really are nothing special. At all. It just seems like a boring line of makeup for business women that have to wear it, but not to look pretty, just to put something on so everyone identifies them as female. The person that comes to kind is Hilary Clinton.

I love that BB has interesting neutrals for every skintone. A lack of bright, in-your-face shades doesn't mean boring. It's practical and classy imo. You can do a lot with her products.

i LOVE some of bb's products..

the new oil free foundation is great, the gel eyeliner and eyeshadows in small jars are just perfect both in shades and in quality,i love the "hunter" color in eye pencils, which is a green-black color.has a lot of something-black colors in eye pencils whish is great(plum-black,grey-black, blue-black etc)

nice collection of brushes, great colors in lipsticks and in glosses, great limited collections and as for skincare, i found the vitamine enriched face base cream SUPER as a 24hour hydration and as a make up base and top skincare product the new extra eye repair cream (you won't believe the firmness and elasticity), and believe me, i have try it ALL in skincare:guerlain, la prairie,lancome, estee, kaneebo,lancaster which i adore, korres, dior,YSL,just everything....

i admit i m not impressed from the concealer either...

I personally haven't tried her products but she has never enticed me to try her products either. I am interested in the shimmer bricks but that's it.

I do have a shimmer brick, but I have only used it once. I should break it out. It really is pretty.

Latest posts

Back