Natural Beauty does not need make up...?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wondering do we really need make up (make up means here highlighters, colour e/s, false lashes, bronzers).

Maybe it depends of what we call beauty- I always thought models are most beautiful girls. Thay always look so fresh and girly.

And it looks they often wear make up no make up (like Kasia S. on the first picture). She has her lashes done and some tinted cream I think.

And another pic is Kim K. I know many people think she is stunning but for me she is just ...false and plastic (because of her style not of her face).

I always think how she looks home evening (of course not in that Kardashian's show, when she knows 1.000.000 (?) are watching)

What do You think? Am I a girl jealous of Kim's beauty
wink.gif
or just a girl who likes natural look?

Everyone has their own preference, and if you prefer less is more it doesn't mean you are jealous of Kim's look. I love Kim's over the top look, but I realize it's not for everyone. Different strokes for different folks.

Umm well everyone has their own definition of beauty so idk. I think Kim Kardashian is very pretty but of course she screwed her face with surgery. That model you posted looks kind of basic so I guess again beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I wear makeup because its fun so idk.../end rambling.

I've stoped wearing make up two months ago. It means I wear only tinted cream, no foundation. I'm wearing black mascara and sometimes mineral powder and a little touch of blush - mo bronzers, no highlighters, no colour e/s, no liners.

Now we have polish edition of America's Next Top Model and I realized all the girls don't wear make up (they have only tinted creme, and lashes done).

When one of them came with eye liner the juror told her she looks older bcause of her make up (it was only liner) and that perfect model wears only make up no make up.

Of course not during the photo session - make up artist decides and can do EVERYTHING
smile.gif

I saw many FOTD and to be honest and pink...MANY OF YOU LOOK STUNNING WEARING MAKE UP.

Interchick, Lola, Pinksugar...and many, many,many others.

Well to me models are like living mannquins so I supposed they shouldnt wear distracting makeup so it doesnt take away from what they are wearing. I agree that natural makeup sometimes does looks fresh but it can also look boring. This is why its nice to have choices. lol

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well to me models are like living mannquins so I supposed they shouldnt wear distracting makeup so it doesnt take away from what they are wearing. I agree that natural makeup sometimes does looks fresh but it can also look boring. This is why its nice to have choices. lol So what I'm doing is - wearing make up no make up, looking at Dior Fall 2010 Collection and
icon_sad.gif
icon_cry.gif
bawling.gif
and then I' m looking at Your stunning FOTD girls and than I
smilehappyyes.gif
dance.gif

I like my make no make up - my only one love now is tinted creme so I bought Sisley and my YSL Radical Noir.

One plus- it's cheaper.

I think that model is very pretty- she reminds me Gemma Ward.

Before I prefered very soft make up with pink e/s, pink lipgloss and it was almost no make uo look. But now it's really no make up and - strange.

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well to me models are like living mannquins so I supposed they shouldnt wear distracting makeup so it doesnt take away from what they are wearing. I agree that natural makeup sometimes does looks fresh but it can also look boring. This is why its nice to have choices. lol I heard runway models refered to as "Coat Hangers" this week... lol

For me model is someone more than Coat Hanger or a doll. I think beeing a model means hard work everyday even when You're not working. You have to control Your body and mind - diet, training, having perfect skin. It's hard but beautiful.

I don't think your jealous everyone has their own preference. I love Kim's face, it is stunning. I think her and Megan Fox are the most facially beautiful American celebs, but there are other that like a more "girl next door" appearance.

Originally Posted by perlanga /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't think your jealous everyone has their own preference. I love Kim's face, it is stunning. I think her and Megan Fox are the most facially beautiful American celebs, but there are other that like a more "girl next door" appearance. You're prettier than both together Kim+Megan
inlove3.gif
(Your natural lashes are better than Shu Uemura ).

I don't like "girl next door" beauty.

Girl next door is Jennifer Aniston or Drew Barrymore (for me) and the beauty I like is top models like Rosie Tupper, Gemma Ward or Abbey Lee, Magda Frackowiak.

They have baby faces
smile.gif
and that's what I call perfect beauty.

Perfect beauty is also the model from the pic.

you´re right, naturally beautiful girls might not need as much makeup as others who happen to be less flawless. But it´s still fun to play up different features. A lot of us don´t want to look the same every day.

Whenever people say girls like Megan Fox or Kim Kardashian are too fake and plastic, they forget that they are in fact naturally beautiful girls (even before surgeries). Some girls just wear dramatic makeup cause they like it or, in the case of celebrities, because it´s part of their image.

Originally Posted by Andi /img/forum/go_quote.gif you´re right, naturally beautiful girls might not need as much makeup as others who happen to be less flawless. But it´s still fun to play up different features. A lot of us don´t want to look the same every day.
Whenever people say girls like Megan Fox or Kim Kardashian are too fake and plastic, they forget that they are in fact naturally beautiful girls (even before surgeries). Some girls just wear dramatic makeup cause they like it or, in the case of celebrities, because it´s part of their image.

Agree
smile.gif
but top models are also celebrities and they always looks so natural in private life too.It depends of kind of celebrity - if You're skinny, baby faced girl or someone like Kim.

In polish edition of Next Top Model we had the girl who looked like Kim and had Kim's style

It's her pic.

And the juror told her...that she is total negation of a top model (she was 180 tall, so that was not the problem).

Originally Posted by tag22850911 /img/forum/go_quote.gif make up more beautiful..........many people wear the fashion winter coats 2010 or north face jacket in winter ,not only to keep warm but for fashion purposes as well.so where can you find a good one,i will recommend you a great online store There are many fabrics, colors and sizes to choose from so the options are endless. When choosing a fashion winter coats 2010, make sure that you decide on one that can last all winter through the cold weather and for several winters to come on an join us................. ?????????????????????????

I don't think you are jealous....sometimes I feel the exact same way as you. I admire her and her sisters makeup...BUT... I would personally never wear that much makeup. I go over the top when I go clubbing and other evening events where it's not that noticeable, but other than that I most admire the "model" type makeup. To me the skin looks healthier and more dewy/refreshed on models on runways and soforth compared to Kim K and those that wear a tonne.

Originally Posted by llehsal /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't think you are jealous....sometimes I feel the exact same way as you. I admire her and her sisters makeup...BUT... I would personally never wear that much makeup. I go over the top when I go clubbing and other evening events where it's not that noticeable, but other than that I most admire the "model" type makeup. To me the skin looks healthier and more dewy/refreshed on models on runways and soforth compared to Kim K and those that wear a tonne. I wrote about beeing jealous because in Poland everyone who criticize Kim will hear : You're ugly, jealous and show us your picture and we will see ....etc. So we are afraid to criticize
wink.gif
I'm not saying Kim is ugly. She has beautiful hair, pretty face, but models looks like they have no make up. Just fawless skin, innocent - girly look.

I wish I look that way.

Originally Posted by chez_moi /img/forum/go_quote.gif ...but models looks like they have no make up. Just fawless skin, innocent - girly look.I wish I look that way.

I agree! I don't think Kim is pretty. Anyone who needs that much makeup is not pretty. She has a nice body tho and I think that's why people think she is beautiful because they forgive the so-so face for the body.

Latest posts

Back