How often do you replace your plastic storage containers?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

internetchick

Beauty Blogger
Reaction score
Just wondering. I bought a bunch of Rubbermaid Take Alongs at the Dollar Tree yesterday. I buy the reuaseable containers about two or three times a year. I got tired of sending food home with people and not getting containers back, so this works for me. I got 8 containers for $4.

Same, when they're stained. Or when we don't find the matching lids anymore
laughing.gif

For the giveaway food, we use rectangular shaped aluminium boxes, they're one use so you don't have to worry about getting them back, and they can be used in the oven.

You know what's weird? Part of why I replaced them is we had about 5 or 6 lids that we couldn't find the containers too! Who ever heard of losing the container but not the lid?

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif Just wondering. I bought a bunch of Rubbermaid Take Alongs at the Dollar Tree yesterday. I buy the reuaseable containers about two or three times a year. I got tired of sending food home with people and not getting containers back, so this works for me. I got 8 containers for $4. Here's a trick I learned from a Filipino banquet! Ziplock bags. Usually, when we go to my aunt's party, there's tons and tons of food, enough food to take home. We used to pack stuff home in paper plates but my cousin packs ziplock bags with him. Dinner at my mom's, I bring ziplock freezer bags for take home
smile.gif
When I pack stuff for guests, I put them in ziplocks too.

When the kids unload the dishwasher, they marry the container with the lid and then put them away. No more looking for lids!

Back