Pumpkin Peel?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was reading in another forum about people using a skin peel made with pumpkin puree. Anyone try this? Halloween is coming so I'll have some
smile.gif
I want to know if its worth trying.

I never thought about using it in skincare, i usually spend my winter making pumpkin soups and cakes (and eating them !
laughing.gif
).

I found this article, pumpkin is rich in antioxidants and vitamin A (that is obvious considering its color), and apparently you can also use the oil from the seeds.

I say why not ? It's worth trying imo.

It should have a natural acidic element to it and a lot of organic skin care products have pumpkin in their scrubs, facials, toners and peels. If you want to find a really good one perhaps skinbotinica.com can help. I buy from them every two months or so because they have the most amazing line of organic skin care products.

Peace Spa product make a pumpkin enzyme exfoliater that is good. I use it when giving clients facials and they love it.

that sounds very interesting, would you add anything to it or use it alone?

This is a recipe I found online:

The recipe
1/2 Fresh Pumpkin puree
1 aspirin crushed
10 drops lactic acid 85%
10 drops glycolic 85%
5 drops vitamin E
1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder
a pinch of pimenta powder(allspice)

i thought about that once a couple weeks ago while peeling butternut squash (close to pumpkin) and feeling how tight and firm the skin on my hands felt...but then dismissed the thought since it turned my palms orange!

Originally Posted by BeachBarbie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i thought about that once a couple weeks ago while peeling butternut squash (close to pumpkin) and feeling how tight and firm the skin on my hands felt...but then dismissed the thought since it turned my palms orange!

Did it turn your face orange too?

I bought some pumpkin powder to use for this peel recipe below.  I substituted pumpkin powder for the puree because I generally don't have pumpkins at home and they are hard to find when it is not Halloween.  The powder after I added water, smells and actually has the same consistency as regular pumpkin without the work.  It gives you a gentler exfoliation than than a glycolic or a lactic acid peel alone although it does contain both in it.  I skipped the cinnamon and the allspice as I didn't think I wanted to make a pie nor did I need more exfoliating power.  I think the next batch will only be pumpkin and salicylic acid.  My skin is super sensitive.  It didn't colour my face orange.

1/2 Fresh Pumpkin puree
1 aspirin crushed
10 drops lactic acid 85%
10 drops glycolic 85%
5 drops vitamin E
1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder
a pinch of pimenta powder(allspice)

It's gentler than a straight lactic or glycolic peel.  My skin can actually stand it for longer than 30 seconds so I'm more into this than the others.

Back