What Is Your Favourite Laundry Detergent Scent?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was just watching a Gain commercial and they are focusing on their scent as their selling feature. I really like the scent of Gain and it is REALLY strong.

What do you like?

I like unscented laundry detergent. I currently use Tide Free HE liquid detergent.

most of the time I don't want scent. I do remember when my kid's were real little and we used Dreft. That was distinctive.

41BV72KVR8L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I prefer no scent, but if I do have a scent, I prefer something very soft and fresh...not perfumey.

I love the smell of gain but cant use it! I have to use purex on our stuff cause my youngest daughter and son have ecczema.  Purex is the only thing that I know of that dosent have enzymes in it that causes the flair ups. Plus its what my mom used on our clothes when my brother had the same skin problems 21 years ago!! SO if i use anything else my skin goes crazy too.

I love gain (apple mango-tango)  on my sheets and blankets, clothes and underthings get unscented, detergent and softener. 

I use purex coldwater because I'm too cheap to use Tide coldwater.  I use Gain apple mango tango fabric softener and also the Febreeze apple mango tango.  yum!

No scent for me, as in no added fragrance. Apart from that, anything floral will do.

we have a high efficiency washer and it takes a special kind of detergent that doesn't foam.  It's really expensive and then for some reason to buy it without fragrance it's even more expensive!  They tell you that you will save money and not waste as much energy with these machines..but a normal size detergent bottle is over $20!

Originally Posted by pumpkincat210 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

we have a high efficiency washer and it takes a special kind of detergent that doesn't foam.  It's really expensive and then for some reason to buy it without fragrance it's even more expensive!  They tell you that you will save money and not waste as much energy with these machines..but a normal size detergent bottle is over $20!
I have used regular detergent, just the required amount in the dispenser.  I've not had any problems with my HE machine.  Walmart sells their Value Brand in an HE formulation, its 1/2 the price of Tide.  You should check it out.  I am now into making my own with 1 bar of Ivory soap, 1 cup of Borax, 1 cup of washing soda and a whole lot of water.  It works well with a cup of oxyclean when it goes into the machine.

I agree with Divadoll, mine is HE also.  Wal-mart sells detergent, it's really not that expensive.  You can also buy it at big lot's, I've bought it for $3 a bottle there.  Unscented even.

Originally Posted by Tony-admin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

We also have one of those HE washers, but I like it when the clothes smell CLEAN! lol!
Yes!  I don't like laundry that doesn't smell at all.  I add a laundry soap sent to my homemade laundry soap too.  The fact that I am using actual soap and not detergents make it more eco-friendly.  I wont sacrefice the scent.

Back