Problems with make up

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am doing a questionnaire for something i am doing at university to find out what are the most common problems that people have with their make up and if there are new ways of overcoming them. It could be storage, problems with make up staying on, problems when your out and about etc..

All suggestions welcome

Well storage is a problem for me, but if I would quit buying stuff that could be easily solved. My other problem is I find I'll duplicate something simply because I forgot I had it (or something very close) in the first place. So I'll fall in love with the color (hence why I had it!) get home and now I have two.

Originally Posted by honybr /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well storage is a problem for me, but if I would quit buying stuff that could be easily solved. My other problem is I find I'll duplicate something simply because I forgot I had it (or something very close) in the first place. So I'll fall in love with the color (hence why I had it!) get home and now I have two. lol. It sounds like you need to just keep your receipts.
biggrin.gif

My makeup problems are:

1. impulse purchases

2. foundation not staying on throughout the day

3. how to store everything in a compact manner while also being able to see everything

1. Buying things that I don't NEED to buy but WANT to buy and then sometimes regret after because I don't like/use it after.

2. Finding it difficult to control my oily T-zone.

3. Actually using at least 90% of what I bought. I only use about 10% if so much.

1. My makeup tends to rub off with my glasses.

2. Buying items just because everyone wants it.

3. Too much options and buying because of it.

My biggest make up problem is actually not being able to blend in the eyeshadows very well. It all ends up turning into one color by the time I'm done... Lame.

Oh and redness popping back up in the middle of the day thanks to either foundation or concealer fadding off.... Bah.

My one gripe about makeup is liner on my water line. It does not last and it ends up in the corner of my eye!! Looks very gross, how can I prevent that?

Originally Posted by bCreative /img/forum/go_quote.gif My one gripe about makeup is liner on my water line. It does not last and it ends up in the corner of my eye!! Looks very gross, how can I prevent that? That's my main complaint as well. I'm beginning to think I should just give up on lining my waterline. My other complaint is that I buy things I don't use, but I could solve that with a little self restraint...but I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

Lighting at makeup counters. The lighting is so bad at most makeup counters and department store you would be better off trying your makeup on in the dark. You have a better chance of seeing how your makeup looks in the dark than at a makeup counter.

I agree. Makeup counter and store lighting are really bad.

That and the fact that my foundation rubs off where my glasses touch my nose. VERY irritating!

Originally Posted by rose white /img/forum/go_quote.gif That's my main complaint as well. I'm beginning to think I should just give up on lining my waterline. My other complaint is that I buy things I don't use, but I could solve that with a little self restraint...but I doubt that will happen anytime soon. You guys are in the infamous "getting liner to stay on my waterline quest", I promise I use Avon waterproof glimmerstick and it is awesome, way better than my 24/7 urban decay liner.

I also use the Avon waterproof glimmerstick and it works great. When I use other liners I use an angled liner brush and add powder shadow over the liner. That sets it and keeps it still
smile.gif

Originally Posted by perlanga /img/forum/go_quote.gif You guys are in the infamous "getting liner to stay on my waterline quest", I promise I use Avon waterproof glimmerstick and it is awesome, way better than my 24/7 urban decay liner. You've been saying this for a while. I think I'm gonna go investigate your suggestion!

Probably not on your top 10 average problems..... (or top 100)... But it doesn't always make me look like a woman!!
frown.gif

Back