On the fence about new foundation!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I bought myself a new foundation a couple weeks ago when my drugstore was out of my shade of Revlon Colorstay (and it was on sale too - laame!) so I decided to go for the only other foundation that had piqued my interest lately, Maybelline Dream Mousse Liquid.

I've been using it for a couple weeks now and I'm sort of on the fence...

Pros:

-great colour match (for me)

-perfect amount of coverage for me - full coverage but not heavy or matte like the original dream matte mousse, more dewy

-the texture is awesome - SUPER lightweight and smooth, it feels like you're not wearing anything and it just feels like silk going on

-very blendable, a bit buildable

-awesome packaging - glass bottle, with a pump, that has a little lid that goes over it, and it twists to the side and locks the pump

Cons:

-IT NEVER SETS. No joke... I HAVE to powder over it, and I usually do a bit of bronzer too... I can use a blotting sheet on my face hours after applying and makeup comes off on the sheet, not just oil.

-Because it doesn't set it does have a tendency to disappear a bit by the end of the day... but at least it's very light so there is the option of reapplying a bit... but then you have to reapply powder and bronzer too

So I'm kind of like hmm... do I like it or don't I? I love the way it looks fresh on, but I don't know if it's worth the maintenance it requires. With my good ol' Colorstay, I almost never had to reapply - only if after a looong day and then I want to go out and have heavier coverage (like at night or something).

Anyone else tried this? Any thoughts?

Ooh, I have been eyeballing that stuff. I just bought Revlon PhotoReady, my second favorite I've tried, and I'm considering returning it for that! Photoready just has a bit too much sparkles for me and I'm on the fence as to whether I like that or I don't.

I have the dream mousse in the glass jar, it's my favorite I've tried. Nothing looks absolutely perfect on me but this stuff is pretty good.

I'd love to hear the replies on this. I wouldn't mind reapplying it as long as it looks nice throughout the day. I haven't looked at manyy reviews the Dream Liquid Mousse, but I did hear others had the same problem with it setting..

I've never tried it before but when I was wearing liquid, I always had to powder set it. It became a habit and I liked that it gave me more oil absorbtion. I also powdered my red lipstick at the same time. I've never been into to heavy coverage that I used to pour 1/2 the bottle into an empty one and dilute each bottle with water. You'd figure that after 2 weeks you'd have an opinion. I say that after 2 weeks and you are still iffy, that you'll never fully fall in love with it ever. It sounds like a backup bottle for when you run out of a favourite.

I hate everything from Maybelline, but I hear raves about this and am tempted to try it. Can you do a mix of this with ColorStay?

well i have been switching back and forth from Maybelline dream matte mousse and the dream smooth...

I too have problems with the smooth..at first feels great (I do set with a powder) ive noticed after a couple hrs i feel kinda greasy though.

I like the mousse, at first i hated it but now that i use it with a stippling brush i actually prefer this then the smooth mousse cuz it doesnt feel so greasy!

Back