How do you apply foundation?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've bought the mac 190 foundation brush and the dior one and found it doesnt go on well, I heard good things about applying with a stippling brush so i went to ebay and bought the mac 187 of course I got sent a fake!

But I thought id try something else, I went to the dior counter and got their powder brush and have been using that. Its amazing, its really thick and flat and it makes my liquid foundation go on quick and amazing. looks really flawless! such a great buy.

I was wondering what does everyone prefer to apply theirs?

or if anyone else has any tips for their flawless look.

Technically you can apply it with your fingers, a sponge, or a brush.

I use Makeup Forever's 35N, why this one well because i wanted a brush from that brand, and i had the HD foundation from them, so i thought i might as well get the foundation brush that goes with it.

It's your typical synthetic flat brush. Overall i like it, it's big so you can apply your foundation very quickly, but i find it's also streaky and too big for my nose area.

One thing you could try is use your foundation brush, then use a sponge to blend so you don't see the streaks.

I use my fingers
smile.gif

I used to use a foundation brush I got from coastalscents. One day I was in a rush and used my fingers. From that day on I have used my fingers, it makes it go on much more even I feel. (Plus much cheaper
smile.gif
)

I usually use a stippling brush for liquid (sometimes I'll use a foundation brush for liquid), and a kabuki brush for mineral makeup.

most of my brushes are either from coastal scents or target. (mineral brushes were from EDM though)

I'm fairly new to foundation, but I use MAC Mineralize Satinfinish Foundation and apply it with Sephora's Stippling Brush... Yknow, the ones with the silver?

P148005_hero.jpg

I gotta say, this brush was a gift, but it's absolutely fabulous. I love it!

I use my 187 to stipple it onto my face for liquid foundation. If it's powder or compact, I tend to use a kabuki brush.

I have a foundation brush from MAC, but I always end up using a sponge. It's a lot faster for everyday. The only time I use a brush is for heavier coverage on a big night out, because I find it takes three times longer to apply using the brush.

I use either my Kirkland flat top, my MAC 190 or my SK blending sponge.

I use mineral makeup... I spray some rosewater on my brush from CS and dab and apply. MMU goes on like smooth like liquid without being heavy, wet brush means no powdery mess flying around. It is still buildable and much easier to blend.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use mineral makeup... I spray some rosewater on my brush from CS and dab and apply. MMU goes on like smooth like liquid without being heavy, wet brush means no powdery mess flying around. It is still buildable and much easier to blend. Wow!! You totally just gave me an idea!! I just tried and it totally worked!!! I haven't been wearing my MMU for the simple fact that it is too messy. Do you spray the blush first and then pick up the makeup or pick up first and then spray?

Spray the brush 2 pumps as long as it is a fine mist, then dip. I saw it on youtube a year ago. I love doing it this way. If you do it the other way, pick up mmu then spray, you will spray powder into the air in a big burst (*cough*)

Yeah, I used my Fix + and it worked like a charm. Finally I have a reason to use that friggin' spray.

You can try the MAC 109! It works like a dream. It's pretty small though so it may take some time to get it on but it works really well and gives more coverage than the 187 stipling. I also you the foundation brush from CS and it works well
smile.gif
. When I dont have time, I use my fingers. Works good enough
smile.gif

Back