FOTD October 2, 2010

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm going to the races today. In australia that basically means lots of girls in fancy dresses and hats standing around drinking champagne. Not much betting or watching of the races, although I'll probably drop $20 or something
smile.gif

I took my false lashes off early so that I could use liner, since it's a bit of a pain trying to remove liner with the falsies
smile.gif

Face:

estee lauder double wear foundation mixed with neutrogena powder finish sunscreen and clarins beauty flash balm

clinique super powder in matte beige

chanel tea rose blush

eyes:

mac nanogold over whole lid, lower inner corners

mac spiced choc in the crease, with mac bark

mac bark lower, outer lashline

mac fluidlines in dipdown on upper lashline

lancome virtuose mascara

brow:

model co brow wax and powder in brown

lips:

jane iredale liner over the lips in naughty

a dot of lancome black pencil on the corners of the lips to shape (really well blended)

mac mattene lipstick in raptuous

stila lipglaze in cherry pie

(phew!)

I think that's it! Retro glam is HARD WORK!

IMG_5945375x500.jpg

IMG_5946375x500.jpg

IMG_5949375x500.jpg

It's really pretty, just the foundation isn't the same colour as your body.

But it's really nice. :)

Wow, you look really great!

Very Classy looking! I love your lip colour, you did a great job blending.
smile.gif

thanks everyone! I had so many random people come and talk to me today, I must have looked approachable! I tend to think red lipstick is quite intimidating, but apparently not
smile.gif

You looked very pretty thats why many approached you...hope you really had a lovely time.

Some days nothing works, no matter what I do. Today is one of these days. But since this forum is all about every occasions make up, I choose to show my face anyway.

Face.

Bobbie Brown Stick Foundation in alabaster. Cheecks; Gosh Natural Blush in #39 Electric Pink.

Eyes. Make Up Factory Eye shadow base.

Gosh effect powder in Sunstone, Fox and Black Diamond. Artdeco Long Lasting Liquid liner #09. Artdeco Mascara in Black.

Lips: Gosh Velvet Touch Lipstick in Mocha (#128).

In days my eyes have been red, and this thing I forgot and choosed a red shadow (fox), then I apply and rememeber it. Tries to save the day by pressing a champagne (sunstone) color over, but it just messes it up. Then I finally does something right and swipes over some black (the black diamond) and thought I had saved the day when I put on some liquid eyeliner only to discover it is plum burgundy and not black.

Well, anyway. This is me today.

2010_10020009.jpg

2010_10020002.jpg

I think bronzy colours like those are gorgeous, but you're right in that they're difficult to wear.

I find that they look better in real life than in photographs. I think plum and the bronze were a good colour choice together though, very vibrant and pretty.

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think bronzy colours like those are gorgeous, but you're right in that they're difficult to wear.
I find that they look better in real life than in photographs. I think plum and the bronze were a good colour choice together though, very vibrant and pretty.

Fox is the best red eye shadow I have ever seen, and it works great in evening make up, but in broad daylight I am not that happy on it on my self, but make up is nothinh but a learning experience. And that is why I love this so much.

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm going to the races today. In australia that basically means lots of girls in fancy dresses and hats standing around drinking champagne. Not much betting or watching of the races, although I'll probably drop $20 or something
smile.gif

I took my false lashes off early so that I could use liner, since it's a bit of a pain trying to remove liner with the falsies
smile.gif

Face:

estee lauder double wear foundation mixed with neutrogena powder finish sunscreen and clarins beauty flash balm

clinique super powder in matte beige

chanel tea rose blush

eyes:

mac nanogold over whole lid, lower inner corners

mac spiced choc in the crease, with mac bark

mac bark lower, outer lashline

mac fluidlines in dipdown on upper lashline

lancome virtuose mascara

brow:

model co brow wax and powder in brown

lips:

jane iredale liner over the lips in naughty

a dot of lancome black pencil on the corners of the lips to shape (really well blended)

mac mattene lipstick in raptuous

stila lipglaze in cherry pie

(phew!)

I think that's it! Retro glam is HARD WORK!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...945375x500.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...946375x500.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...949375x500.jpg

Beautiful
smile.gif

Oh, Rosie, very pretty. I love your pink dress!

Sadie, very nice! Once again, love your lip color.

Pinksugar: Looove your eyebrows!!!

Sexy Sadie: Those colors compliment you very much!

Back