Best Foundation Primer??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am really interested in finding the best foundation primer for my skin. I have a hard time with my foundation lasting all day b/c I have such oily skin. I have been reading about the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer and Laura Mercier Foundation Primer on sephora.com and have read the reviews on here but I wanted to know others experiences with the primers. Are these the best primers? Let me know your opinions!! Thanks guys!!
smile.gif

icon_smile.gif
hi becky, genie here. my daughter is a dancer and when i go to the theatrical supply store for shoes i always check out the KRYOLAN display. KRYOLAN is a theatrical makeup company and its products are astounding in addition to bein less expensive than some drugstore makeup. the KRYOLAN primer is a wonderful product and only $12.50 for a generous bottle. you can get KRYOLAN at makeup mania, i think. if you do a search you should be able to buy online if you can't get it locally. their eyeshadows are to die for and their translucent loose powder is my holy grail and only about $12.50 also. hth

Originally Posted by Becky I am really interested in finding the best foundation primer for my skin. I have a hard time with my foundation lasting all day b/c I have such oily skin. I have been reading about the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer and Laura Mercier Foundation Primer on sephora.com and have read the reviews on here but I wanted to know others experiences with the primers. Are these the best primers? Let me know your opinions!! Thanks guys!!
smile.gif
I have a sample of the Smashbox primer if you want it. I just purchased the MAC one so I have no need for it. Send me a PM if you are interested.

I just purchased the smashbox primer. I like it alot, you don't need much of it and your foundation would last all day. Be careful of putting alot on your skin because it feels very light when you apply it.

oh I forgot, my skin is not oily its more in between but towards the dry side.. So I don't know if it may be different if you are to use it for oily skin.

I have oily skin and I use Tarte Clean Slate. It works really well and I got it off eBay for $15.

I have oily skin with large pores. I've tried Smashbox and English Ideas, wasn't impressed with either.

Try Clinique's Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector. It works perfect on me, I've it in Invisible light since im really fair. Actually the shade really doesnt matter since it completely disappears on your skin after blending. It's good as a base keeping your foundation from slipping esply. if you have greasy skin. It also makes blending foundation and blushes a breeze. You just gotta try it
icon_wink.gif

I recently bought:

p.gif

p.gif
p.gif
Microquatic Fortifying Primer

This unique treatment primer deeply nourishes as it infuses the skin with essential moisture, energy and vitality. Gentle water lily extract hydrates the fragile eye area as time released soy protiens detect and control excess shine.

I really like it. I have very sensitive, acne prone, large pore, oily skin and this makes my skin look so nice. I've been using it for about two weeks now with no problem. It's a bit expensive at $42.00 but I think it was worth it.

I am so torn on primer. I haven't used a full face primer before. But I'm very excited to try it.

Thanks for the cool post! Any luck on finding a primer?

clarins has a new one called instant smooth. it is great!

Originally Posted by Becky I am really interested in finding the best foundation primer for my skin. I have a hard time with my foundation lasting all day b/c I have such oily skin. I have been reading about the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer and Laura Mercier Foundation Primer on sephora.com and have read the reviews on here but I wanted to know others experiences with the primers. Are these the best primers? Let me know your opinions!! Thanks guys!!
smile.gif

OMG, I'd never used primer before and frankly thought it was just another unnecessary product the cosmetics industry dreamed up to make more $$. This morning, for the first time, I tried the DHC Velvet Skin Coat sample they sent me. Man, this makes a HUGE difference, doesn't it? All other things in my routine being the same, not only does it make my skin feel smooth and beautiful, I'd swear it takes ten years off my appearance! Man, I hope this isn't just beginner's luck!

smile.gif
I also have oily / combo skin and I am in love with Sue Devitt's MIcroquatic Fortifying Primer!
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by redrocks I recently bought:

http://a1377.g.akamai.net/7/1377/572...s/global/p.gifhttp://a1377.g.akamai.net/7/1377/5720/20050525190808/www.sephora.com/assets/dyn/brand/3957/3957_logo.jpg

http://a1377.g.akamai.net/7/1377/572...s/global/p.gifMicroquatic Fortifying Primer

This unique treatment primer deeply nourishes as it infuses the skin with essential moisture, energy and vitality. Gentle water lily extract hydrates the fragile eye area as time released soy protiens detect and control excess shine.

I really like it. I have very sensitive, acne prone, large pore, oily skin and this makes my skin look so nice. I've been using it for about two weeks now with no problem. It's a bit expensive at $42.00 but I think it was worth it.

Me too!!! This is a superb primer!

I use Monstat Chafing Gel as my foundation primer and it works! I have combo skin and it does not cause breakouts either. Worth checking out!

i never use foundation primer..but i'd like to try..i'm thinking of MAC's prep and prime..is it good?what about MAC's strobe cream,is it a primer as well?

Latest posts

Back