As the winter months roll in, it’s harder and harder to get a tan glow. You could try tanning beds, but these can be very dangerous and bad for your skin. Have you ever tried sunless tanner? Self tanning products usually consist of gels or creams that, when applied, give the user a healthy glow. If you’re a total newbie, though, self tanning can be intimating – no one wants to look streaky or orange! Use this helpful video to find out the perfect way to apply sunless tanner to your face.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Make sure you choose a product meant for the face (not just the body), especially if you have sensitive skin.
- Start with a clean, make-up free face. You must exfoliate first to slough away any dead skin cells. Skipping this step may be tempting, but without exfoliating, you’ll end up with streaks!
- When using a gel or cream based product, start with a dime-sized blob in the palm of your hand. Use your other finger to make five dots on your face – one on the forehead, one on the nose, one and each cheek, and one on your chin.
- Use the rest of the product and your fingers to blend in the tanner. Make sure you get even coverage!
- Don’t forget those hard to reach areas, like the side of your nose of the curve of your eye. You’ll also want to blend out to the ears and under the jaw line.
- When the product is completely rubbed in, wait the appropriate amount of time according to the sunless tanner before rinsing off.
Tip: Don’t forget to keep using sunscreen! A fake tan doesn’t protect from the sun like a normal tan does.
Products Used In This Tutorial:
- Exfoliaoer (Try St. Ives Apricot Scrub)
- Sunless Tanner (Try Hawaiian Tropic Island Radiance Self Tanner)
See what other MuT members have to say about self tanning.