There’s something sexy about a good cat eye – too bad it feels almost impossible to get the perfect, matching lines! The cat eye is a look that’s been seen on red carpets lately, from Katy Perry to Taylor Swift. You, too, can get a perfect cat eye look if you follow this useful tutorial. Let us know in the comments how it works out for you!
Step by Step Instructions:
- Start with a clean and moisturized eye.
- Apply your favorite eye primer to make sure your eye makeup doesn’t stray throughout the day!
- Apply MAC Paint Pot (Painterly) from lash line to brow bone to create a smooth base.
- Next, use a brush to apply MAC Eye Shadow in Orb, starting in the inner corner of the eye and fanning out on the crease.
- Fill in the brows with NARS Brow Shadow in Bali (or a matching color).
Apply lightly, starting in with the inner corner and working out. The emphasis isn’t on the eyebrow!
- Use MAC Fluidline Eye Liner Gel in Blacktrack to create a basic line on your upper lash line.
- Create a small little upwards “flick” extending past your lash line!
- Starting from the tip of your flick, continuing going over your original lines, making them bigger.
- Apply a few coats of mascara – like MAC Zoom Lash – to accent your cat eye.
Use false lashes to get an even more glamorous look! See the tutorial in the resources section.
- To keep your lower lash line from looking bare, apply a little bit of NAR’s Lola Lola eyeshadow. Don’t forget more mascara!
- Use your favorite concealer – like MAC Select Moisturecover – to cover those under eye circles!
Add red lipstick to get that Hollywood glamour look!
Products Used In This Tutorial:
- Eye Primer
- MAC Paint Pot (Painterly)
- MAC Eye Shadow (Orb)
- NARS Brow Shadow (Bali)
- MAC 210 Precise Eye Liner Brush
- MAC Fluidline Eye Liner Gel Blacktrack
- MAC Zoom Lash Mascara
For more resources, check out these pages: