It’s the absolute worst feeling when you accidentally drop your favorite palette on the floor or realize that your new eye shadow has crumbled in your purse. For most of us, that means it’s time to toss it (or try and transfer as much powder as you can into a new container – it never works). But never fear – you can re-press your powders using simple tools you probably have lying around the house!
Have you ever tried this technique? How do you fix your favorite products when you have an accident? Share your secrets with us in the comments.
Step by Step Instructions:
Using a pencil or fork, grind up the rest of the shattered eye shadow into a powder. (This probably seems counterproductive, but it works!)
Add a few drops of rubbing alcohol to the eye shadow.
TIP: You want the powder to be saturated, but there shouldn’t be any liquid pooling up, either!
- Take a piece of plastic wrap and wrap it around a coin that best fits the eye shadow blister/container you’re using.
- Press as hard as you can into the powder with your coin for about 30 seconds.
- Remove the coin and let dry – when it’s done, you should have a re-compressed eye shadow!
Products Used In This Tutorial:
- Rubbing alcohol
- Plastic wrap
- A coin
For more resources, check out these pages:
- Makeup Talk Forum
- Tips on Repairing a Broken Eye Shadow Discussion Thread
- Tips of Repairing a Broken Lipstick Discussion Thread