Didn’t get enough sleep last night? Your eyes will show it! Trick everyone into thinking your wide awake with this fun bright-eyed look. It’s perfect for those of us who stayed out too late partying, nursing sicks kids, or maybe even just getting sucked into reading all the great threads here at MuT! This awesome tutorial video with Professional Makeup Artist Katie Wedland will teach you everything you need to know. Let us know how your look came out in the comments!
Step by Step Instructions:
Before you apply makeup on any morning, make sure you start with a nice, clean face. Exfoliate to make your skin shine!
TIP! Follow your cleanser with a good moisturizer with built in SPF like Juice Beauty’s Green Apple SPF 15 Moisturizer.
- Make sure your eyebrows are groomed and in shape by tweezing any stray hairs. (Not sure how to shape your eyebrows? Check this out!) Follow up with Anastasia Brow Fix to help further define the shape.
- Banish dark under-eye circles with your favorite concealer.
- Follow with foundation the provides light coverage, like Neutrogena Mineral Sheer Powder.
- Get big, beautiful lashes using an electric eyelash curler. Follow with mascara.
TIP! Protect your lashes beforehand with Make Up For Ever Lash Fibers, the ultimate lash primer.
- Rim the lower waterline with a white eyeliner to make your eyes really pop!
- Grab a shimmery, creme tan eye shadow and apply as needed to the eyelid. Need a suggestion? Try Fresh’s Satin Luster Face palette.
- Finish up with a little bit of light pink blush and a swipe of lip gloss. Now you’re looking gorgeous and wide awake!
Products Used In This Tutorial:
- Origins Modern Friction Exfoliator
- Juice Beauty Green Apple SPF 15 Moisturizer
- Anastasia Brow Fix
- Benefit Fake Up Under-eye Concealer
- Neutrogena Mineral Sheer Powder
- Blinc Heated Lash Curler
- Make Up For Ever Lash Fibers
- Maybelline Full N’ Soft Mascara
- Fresh Satin Luster Face Palette
- Clinique Pink Blush
- Urban Decay Lip Junkie in Naked
For more resources, check out these pages:
- Makeup Talk Forums
- How to Shape Your Eyebrows
- How to Get the Porcelain Doll Look
- How to Banish Tired Eyes Discussion Thread