A messy bun is like a good pair of black high heels: there’s tons of different styles, you can dress it up or down, and every girl should have at least one in her repertoire of looks. It sounds cheesy, but it really is true! You can rock a messy bun while your working out at the gym or (if you do it right) out to a club. It takes practice, though, to get that effortless, mussed up look. If you need to refine your skills, use this helpful how-to video!
Step by Step Instructions:
- Add some texture to your hair by spraying dry shampoo at the roots and massaging through your strands. (This adds volume and helps get rid of any oil!)
- Pour a small about of gel between your hands and work through the hair. Scrunch with your fingers – if you want more volume, do this step with your head upside down.
- Pull your hair into a basic pony tail. It can be at any height, but if you want to go dressier, try at the crown of your head.
- Divide hair into two even sections. Twist these sections tightly to the right.
- Continuing to hold the twisted sections tightly, begin twisting them around each other to the left and secure with a clear hair tie.
- Wrap hair into a bun shape, tucking the ends underneath. Secure with body pins and spray with hair spray. To make the bun messier, feel free to pull out bits and pieces.
Products Used In This Tutorial:
- Dry Shampoo (Try Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo)
- Hair Gel (Try Chi Infra Gel)
- Hair ties
- Bobby pins
- Hair Spray (Try Aussie Instant Freeze Hairspray)
Want more bun help? Click around!