A smokey eye can be sexy but elegant, classic but fun. The great thing about a smokey eye is that you can dress it up for a black tie gala or down for a shopping day with your girls. It’s also a great eye look when you want to go crazier with your lips – it doesn’t distract from the fun colors, but it’s still noticeable. Use this useful guide to get the perfect smokey eye.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Start with a clean moisturized eyelid.
- Dab on some concealer around your eye and blend it. A popular concealer is Mac Studio Finish.
- Start by lining the upper and lower lash line with black eyeliner. It’s okay if it’s a little messy.
- Apply your eyeshadow primer.
- Next, use a smudger or your finger to smudge the eyeliner.
- Pick three shades for eyeshadow: preferably a black, gray, and white. Apply the darkest shade over the eyeliner, and use a brush to smudge it out to the lid.
- Take the medium shade and apply all over the lid, starting at the base and going until the crease. Use another brush to blend out.
- Blend the hard lines
- Use the lightest shade to highlight – apply subtly underneath the arch of both eyebrows.
- Apply a lot of mascara (many coats). You’re done!
Start at the base of the eye and work your way up!
Products Used In This Tutorial:
- Wet ‘n’ Wild Black Gel Liner
- Melvita Creme Extraordinaire Jour Day Creme
- Lime Crime Eyeshadow Helper
- Mineral Fusion Eyeshadow Trio in Sultry
- Japonesque Travel Smudger
- MAC Eyeshadow in Carbon
- MAC Eyeshadow in Print
- MAC Eyeshadow in Gesso
- Paula Dorf Lash Color
- Mac Studio Finish
For more resources, check out these pages: