Glitter nail polish can be super fun to wear, but it’s just so darn hard to remove! Lucky for us there are a few methods that can make removing our favorite sparkly nail polishes just a little bit easier. Check out the two techniques below, and play around until you find your favorite! Don’t be afraid to let us know in the comments which method you prefer.
1. The Foil Method
You’ll need: Cotton balls, aluminum foil, and nail polish remover
- Soak a piece of cotton ball in your remover until it’s fully saturated.
- Tear off a piece of aluminum foil – you won’t need a lot, but it should be able to wrap around your finger and cover the nail completely.
- Place the saturated cotton ball over the glitter polish and wrap the foil around your finger and the cotton ball. Make sure it’s tight enough that the cotton ball stays pressed into the nail.
- Repeat for all ten finger nails.
- Leave on for 5-10 minutes before sliding each nail out of the foil wrap.
- Clean up any reside with extra nail polish remover.
2. The Felt Method
You’ll need: White felt square(s), aluminum foil, and nail polish remover
- Cut your felt into small squares.
- Instead of using cotton balls, applying remover to your felt square – the material won’t fall apart, and the texture helps remove that grainy glitter.
- Take your saturated felt and push against your glitter nail for a few seconds to let some of the excess remover soak the nail.
- Next, begin scrubbing gently and watch the polish fall right off!
Zoya Remove Plus Nail Polish Remover
White Felt Squares
Drugstore Base Coat and Top Coat
Nail Polish Remover Quality
China Glaze Bitz â€˜n Pieces Collection Spring 2013
Sinful Colors – Holiday Glitters
As always, please join in on our conversation on forums, Facebook and Twitter. We’d love to hear from you!