10-minute MAC attack

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scarlette

Obsessed with lipstick
Reaction score
I went into the MAC store on a mission: to find out better ways to use my MAC brushes, to find something to help my textured eyelids blend better when using eyeshadow and just poke around and see what is new.

Results:The MA suggested the Fast Response eye moisturizer used first to smooth out the texture of my lids. Then she said to use a shadestick as a base, then pack color on top of that. My eyes still look really muddy. I think she was even having trouble blending the shadow on me. She sort of gave up and said I should just come tomorrow without any shadow on and she would start from scratch. MANY people have given up on my eyelids. It happened at Dior, Chanel, and even Benebaby couldn't get shadow to blend on me. It's a daily struggle and I am really getting sick of it. My eyelids used to be very smooth, I am not sure what is causing this.

I am on Retin-A, but of course I don't put it on my eyes, it goes on the face and apparently affects the rest of my skin because it's in my system. Could it be that I was using a salicylic acid foaming face wash and then taking my makeup off with it? I thought it was really gentle stuff.. but I don't know. Please help me out, I am about to give up on my eyelids!
icon_evil.gif

awww man. that sucks. maybe you should go back there without any makeup and see what they can do.

i didn't know you had a problem with your makeup since it always looks nice in your pics

Originally Posted by Scarlette I went into the MAC store on a mission: to find out better ways to use my MAC brushes, to find something to help my textured eyelids blend better when using eyeshadow and just poke around and see what is new.
Results:The MA suggested the Fast Response eye moisturizer used first to smooth out the texture of my lids. Then she said to use a shadestick as a base, then pack color on top of that. My eyes still look really muddy. I think she was even having trouble blending the shadow on me. She sort of gave up and said I should just come tomorrow without any shadow on and she would start from scratch. MANY people have given up on my eyelids. It happened at Dior, Chanel, and even Benebaby couldn't get shadow to blend on me. It's a daily struggle and I am really getting sick of it. My eyelids used to be very smooth, I am not sure what is causing this.

I am on Retin-A, but of course I don't put it on my eyes, it goes on the face and apparently affects the rest of my skin because it's in my system. Could it be that I was using a salicylic acid foaming face wash and then taking my makeup off with it? I thought it was really gentle stuff.. but I don't know. Please help me out, I am about to give up on my eyelids!
icon_evil.gif

My mom get scaly skin on her eyelids that's actually caused by eyeshadow. She can't wear eyeshadow at all. Has your dermatologist said what may be causing it?

Well, I've been wearing eyeshadow since I was really young.. 6 years old when I was wearing it for dance shows, but that was on rare instances. Still, I've been wearing a lot of e/s since I was very young and I think it's just clogging the skin up and making it bumpy. I've been testing the Benefit product called Re-eyedrate and it seems to be working little by little. I bought the Fast Response cream and I will be using that again tomorrow. Another MA today suggested that I just put Fluidlines on the bottom lid as a shadow or something with a silicone base. The bottom lid isn't my problem area, it's the crease. I tried to put Carbon in the crease and it wouldn't blend at all. Benefit's Lemon Aid works really great for me, so I am not going to reach for a concealer to put on my eyes just yet. I will experiment and let you guys know what is going on!

Latest posts

Back