10 Most haunted Places In Canada

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Whether you are chasing down the paranormal or you just enjoy a good tall tale, this list will appeal to your sense of mystery. Here are some of the locations in Canada with the richest ghost stories attached to them.
24B9DAB079F82224E040626E2A7A6F.jpg

The Old Spaghetti Factory, Gastown, Vancouver, British Columbia http://www.oldspaghettifactory.ca/location_vancouver.html

If you are looking for eerie eating in Vancouver, check out the Old Spaghetti Factory in the Gastown neighborhood. You may hear stories of inexplicable cold drafts and moving table settings, shenanigans attributed to the ghost of a certain train conductor who met his end during a tragic collision on the underground railway track upon which the restaurant is built. Enjoy the delicious food, but watch that your cutlery doesn’t float off on you!

Banff Springs Hotel, Banff, Alberta

The Fairmont Banff Springs, Banff

A blocked off stairway, said to be haunted by a tragic bride, and a mystery missing room, rumored to be locked forever to contain the family of ghosts that inhabits it, give rise to multiple tales of hauntings and eerie events in this historic and beautiful chateau hotel.

St. Louis Ghost Train, St. Louis, Saskatchewan Saskatchewan, Canada

If you pass through the village of St. Louis, Saskatchewan, late at night, be on the lookout for the phantom lights out on the dirt road where the train tracks used to be. Whether these lights are a paranormal phenomenon or the perfectly natural occurrence, the curious appearance of these lights nearly every night has attracted curious onlookers for over thirty years. Some say the light is a ghost train, others the lantern held by the spirit of a conductor who lost his head on the tracks and searches eternally to find it. The realists claim that it is simply a refraction of headlights from the highway a few miles off.

Government House, Regina, Saskatchewan Government House, Regina, Saskatchewan

Howie, the affectionately named ghost of Regina’s Government House, has been credited with the opening and shutting of doors without aid of human hands, unaccounted-for footsteps on the stairs and the mysterious movement of items from one location to another. Some theories hold that “Howie†is actually the ghost of the former cook of Lieutenant-Governor McNab, who died in the house. However, others claim that there are more than one ghost inhabiting this historical mansion which once served as home to Lieutenant-Governors of the Northwest Territories

Fort Garry Hotel, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Fort Garry Hotel, Winnipeg, Manitoba

This castle-like hotel in Winnipeg is rumored to be haunted by a number of ghosts. Even a Canadian Member of Parliament was so convinced of a presence in her room that she fled from her room in the middle of the night.

Gibraltar Point Lighthouse, Toronto Islands, Toronto, Ontario Toronto Islands, Toronto, Ontario

This historic site at Hanlan’s Point on Toronto’s beautiful Toronto Islands played host to some foul play in the nineteenth century when the lighthouse keeper at the time was murdered one evening. Accounts of exactly how the death occurred and who committed the crime have varied, but the mystery draws many intriguing stories about the former lighthouse keeper’s ghost.

HI Ottawa Jail Hostel, Ottawa, Ontario HI Ottawa Jail Hostel, Ottawa, Ontario

What better place to find restless souls than in the halls and former cells of the Ottawa Jail Hostel, which once served as the Carleton County Gaol and housed the last working gallows in Canada! The hostel regularly celebrates its macabre past with “parties with the ghosts†on special occasions and is featured along the Haunted Tour of Ottawa.

Old Montreal, Quebec Old Montreal (Vieux-Montreal), Montreal, Quebec

This historic area and popular tourist attraction in Montreal provides the setting to many of Montreal’s most famous ghost stories, from the ghosts of a prostitute looking for her head to the spirits of families lost in a great hotel fire. If you’re out in Old Montreal looking for a quaint boutique or an interesting restaurant, keep your eyes open also for the wandering reminders of the area’s history.

Miramichi, New Brunswick Miramichi, New Brunswick

From a headless nun walking the French Fort Cove footbridge to the haunted St. Michael’s church, Miramichi is rich with phantom folklore, and is also, incidentally, a beautiful wharf city to visit on vacation.

St. Francis Xavier University, Mount St. Bernard College, Antigonish, Nova Scotia http://www.stfx.ca/

This university in Nova Scotia hosts tales of mysteriously moving objects, phantom elevators moving around with no passengers, inexplicable voices and shadows

I posted haunted places in USA! too

Originally Posted by luxotika /img/forum/go_quote.gif Cool! I wish I lived in Canada!

Haha! great idea!

Originally Posted by Manda /img/forum/go_quote.gif You should add #11 Ricci- Your house
wink.gif

I lived in Mirimichi for a while....I hated it...but it would have been alot cooler if I had heard of hauntings then!

man, I wish I lived close enough to visit canada too! all these haunting places sound so cool!

Thanks for posting Ricci!
smile.gif

The Fort Garry Hotel is in Winnipeg, where I live. I've been inside, it's a beautiful older hotel that's been fixed up. I am tempted to book the hotel room where the ghost has been seen. Maybe one day.

Latest posts

Back