12% TCA peel carried out 4 weeks ago and skin worse than ever..!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
wave.gif

new here, I live in Scotland and bought the above from MUAC w/s , carried out on problem t-zone area 4 weeks ago, and my skin is worse than ever, more fine lines, and criss crossing in pattern so look like scars, very large pores and deeper labials and crows feet and pigmentation. Granted I have lost a tremendous amount of weight due to stress, and reckon quite a lot of facial elasticity with it. I lost the instructions for the peel , but have used the lactic and gylcolic before. My skin was prepped beforehand and left it on for 5 minutes, I don't if applied too much..?? 
wacko.gif
 neutralised with a baking soda solution, used SPF 50, moisturised and cleansed with Simple face wash, dranks loads of water, kept out the sun as much as possible, used a tea tree antisceptic cream, however what I did do was use clarins gentle everyday exfoliator ONCE as the peeling was bad, I know it should be, but had to go out next day ( am a SAHM of 2 who have very busy lives, no downtime allowed..!! ) Any advice would be very welcome..

thanks so much
g.gif

Jill

So sorry that you are having this experience. Just for future knowledge exfoliation is a HUGE NO-NO! No matter if you look like a snake in the midst of shedding it skin. It's imperative that the peeling is allowed to process on it's own.  But I think we all have at one time or another gave that scrub lotion a looky when we actually have to go out in public!  Also, always wear at least a 30 sunscreen that protects you both from UVA/UVB rays.  Even indoors. Since it's been 4 weeks, I would really suggest you go see a dermatologist. Unless your skin "frosted" while you were applying, it sounds like your peel was light so the results are very unusual.  Unfortunately not all skin types take well to tca's.  I wish you the very best of luck and keep me posted on how it turns out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm sorry that you went through that as well. It does sound as if the exfoliator may have exacerbated the problem, but you may just have sensitive skin that doesn't react well to TCA peels. I agree with shawnee - talk to a dermatologist :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

Back