1890 vs 2004: Media

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I beleive it is in our power to change perception and I had thought that we were a bit in the 90's. Yet lately it seems to have gotten much more worse then ever. With the new crazy against carbs and the Atkins and South Beach Deits being the big rage. If you are not on some form of deit no matter what size you are then something is wrong. I have a co-worker who has a daughter that is eighteen and about a size two. The girl is always on a deit and costently working out, sadly though she is very sick to. She has come down with a lot of illnesses that have just deblitated her. A common cold for her can easily turn into pnemonia (pardon spelling). Since I have known her in the last five years she has been in the hospital a few times. Is this the ideal we are to strive for ? Another freind of mine recently joined a gym and was speaking to the personal trainer there about doing a few exercises to keep toned, she is very happy with the size she is now. She got herself done to a size 8 and 130 pounds at 5'5" after having two kids and being about 190. The trainer said to her are you sure that you don't want to lose more weight because according to the body mass index you are considered boarderline obese. This she found very maddening after feeling she has acheived alot to be told it is not got enough by soicety standards. Since when is a size 8 obese? I have myself struggled with a weight issue all my life. The thinnest I have been is a size 10 when I was around 20, which by todays standards is still obese. Currently I am a size 18 and I am happy with myself mostly. I don't feel unhealthy, I am fairly active with walking alot. Sure I would like to lose a bit of weight and be a size 14, but I am not straving myself to do it. I am eating sensibly and walking alot. Guess I should have been around in the 1890's.

Originally Posted by allisong Gloss..just out of curiosity..You said," you would sell your soul to look like the women in the bikini"..Don't you think if society celebrated the larger women instead of calling her disgusting and obese ,that you might feel exactly the opposite?? Heck I don't know.. it's not about society.. I think she's fabulous looking and I'm not.

Originally Posted by WarholsMarilyn I beleive it is in our power to change perception and I had thought that we were a bit in the 90's. Yet lately it seems to have gotten much more worse then ever. With the new crazy against carbs and the Atkins and South Beach Deits being the big rage. If you are not on some form of deit no matter what size you are then something is wrong. I have a co-worker who has a daughter that is eighteen and about a size two. The girl is always on a deit and costently working out, sadly though she is very sick to. She has come down with a lot of illnesses that have just deblitated her. A common cold for her can easily turn into pnemonia (pardon spelling). Since I have known her in the last five years she has been in the hospital a few times. Is this the ideal we are to strive for ? Another freind of mine recently joined a gym and was speaking to the personal trainer there about doing a few exercises to keep toned, she is very happy with the size she is now. She got herself done to a size 8 and 130 pounds at 5'5" after having two kids and being about 190. The trainer said to her are you sure that you don't want to lose more weight because according to the body mass index you are considered boarderline obese. This she found very maddening after feeling she has acheived alot to be told it is not got enough by soicety standards. Since when is a size 8 obese? I have myself struggled with a weight issue all my life. The thinnest I have been is a size 10 when I was around 20, which by todays standards is still obese. Currently I am a size 18 and I am happy with myself mostly. I don't feel unhealthy, I am fairly active with walking alot. Sure I would like to lose a bit of weight and be a size 14, but I am not straving myself to do it. I am eating sensibly and walking alot. Guess I should have been around in the 1890's. Hi WarholsMarilyn,I have nothing astounding and earth shattering to write in reply to your post. BUt I do want to write a sincere thanks. I find that hanging around folks who think like you do makes me feel good inside. This has absolutely nothing to do with my size either!

Thank you.

Cali.

201banner7.jpg

Back