24 ways to look great in photographs

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are great tips! I would also add to hold your arms slightly away from your sides, if they are pressed up against your body, they look thicker than they may be. Rest one hand on your hip if it doesn't look too cheesy. Also slightly tilting your "outside" leg in a little while standing at a slight angle. I am very petite with a "ghetto" booty and thighs to match, and these techniques always help me.

I always have a double chin in pictures. I think because most of the pictures people take of me, are ones that I am not ready for. Like they yell your name and you stupidly turn around and they snap a picture of you. I hate that!

Excellent post Jennifer, thanks for sharing
smile.gif

Thanks for the tips Jen, they were just what i was looking for cos ime gonna be doing FOTD's soon.I have no reason not too, so cheers babes!

Great tips... thanks for posting... anything to make me or my body smaller, i'm loving it... hehe

Thanks for the tips. I am so not photogenic. In every picture I look like my dad in a blond wig! and I suffer from chubby cheeks and a downturned mouth.

Great tips!

2 more:

Powder is v. important as the flash will amplify any small amount of shine. If the pics are staged the lights and flash etc. makes makeup melt quickly so check and touch up often.

Putting your tongue to the roof of your mouth helps tighten in the chin.

Cheers,

Arwynn

Originally Posted by luxotika /img/forum/go_quote.gif I always have a double chin in pictures. I think because most of the pictures people take of me, are ones that I am not ready for. Like they yell your name and you stupidly turn around and they snap a picture of you. I hate that! When I read your post boy did I laugh. I always say "watch my chin" when they take my pic. I have been lucky alot but like you said they can always get cha when you are not prepared. I have this horrible phobia with my double chin. If you look at my avatar or my notepaid this pic was one of the luckiest great shots ever taken of me. This looks like a professional shot but it wasn't. Just lucked out!! I never look straight into the camera. I sorta of tilt my head to the side and lift slightly. I sorta practice.
help.gif
croc.gif
huh.gif

Originally Posted by luxotika /img/forum/go_quote.gif I always have a double chin in pictures. I think because most of the pictures people take of me, are ones that I am not ready for. Like they yell your name and you stupidly turn around and they snap a picture of you. I hate that! When I read your post boy did I laugh. I always say "watch my chin" when they take my pic. I have been lucky alot but like you said they can always get cha when you are not prepared. I have this horrible phobia with my double chin. If you look at my avatar or my notepaid this pic was one of the luckiest great shots ever taken of me. This looks like a professional shot but it wasn't. Just lucked out!! I never look straight into the camera. I sorta of tilt my head to the side and lift slightly. I sorta practice.
help.gif
croc.gif
huh.gif

Back