24 ways to look great in photographs

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I take horrid pics. Have several new tricks-Listen up: Do not rest arms against torso, will make them look flabby, instead angle them away and back from your body. Big hips?? Place hands on mid-thigh to camouflage big curves and pull eye downward. Position on foor in front of the other and turn feet slightly away from the canera to narrow and straighten the image. Double chin? Straighten neck, relax shoulders, push chin out and down. Practive in ront of mirror. Perye
rockwoot.gif

Great tips - thanks! The way I look in pictures is one of the reasons that brought me to this site!

Fantastic tips - thanxs for sharing - I hate having my photo taken - will definitely try some off these tips xx

Thanks for posting these, Im sure they will come in handy because I hate having my photo taken since I always look ackward!

What an awesome list, thank you!! I'm the least photogenic person ever (I'm always the one with one eye half closed and a loopy grin or something), so perhaps this will help.

Originally Posted by Jennifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif this is from the Weightwatchers website:
Make your face look thinner

• Titling your face at a slight angle will make it look thinner.
  • If you have a large nose - lift your chin slightly.
  • If your neck is less than perfect, try craning your neck forward.
  • Experiment with looks other than the full on cheesy grin. Try a Mona Lisa-like hint of a smile, cheeky arched eyebrows look, or even a wink. It will add movement and personality to your face and make you appear less static.
  • Keep your chin tilted slightly up.
  • Swallowing makes your neck look longer and more graceful.
  • Look into the camera but don't stare.
  • Take your glasses off to avoid glare and reflections from the flash.
  • Putting your hair up and wearing long earrings will give the appearance of a longer neck.
  • And, if you've been caught at a 'I must really wash my hair' moment, pull it back and top it off with a pair of sunglasses resting on top of your head for that just-got-off-the beach look.
lol i use all of these techniques...funny thing is they work for me hehe
brsh.gif

Back