3 in 1 products

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
are there any 3 in 1's that actually work equally well as a shampoo, conditioner and body wash?

i figure that i can use any shampoo as a body wash and get clean. it would probably be a little drying, but id be clean. i havent found a 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner that actually conditioned let alone detangled.

i have my eye on l'occitane honey foaming jelly for body and hair. are philosophy 3 in 1's any good in terms of conditioning? are the strawberry and chocolate scents true or fakey?

Originally Posted by shayrenee I actually have Philosophy Chocolate chip cookies & cinnamon buns 3in1' s & to me they are NO way moisturizing enough . I definately have to use a conditioner after these . I just started trying a new (new to me anyway) 3in1 line called Bath Lounge . I bought the small variety set that has 3 small bottles & so far I like them BUT again I have to use conditioner
icon_neutral.gif
but they do smell good & a LOT cheaper than philosophy . I got the 3 peice set on sale @ walmart for $5 where its $11 (I think) @ Walgreen's . My fave out of the 3 is Cosmopolitan & it smells GOOD LOL HTH some well, that rules out philosophy then. thanks.
smile.gif

are the bath lounge products the ones that come 3 or so to a box, and the box has a lady in the tub on it? if so, ive sniff tested every single one. some were pretty good, and some were eh. i didnt want to buy the set and get stuck with the ones i didnt like.

Originally Posted by shayrenee Yep thats them but Walgreens has the FS bottles in singles . But with those don't get turned off 1st sniff b/c mine smell much better when I use them than in the bottle . If that makes any sense LOL ill have to check out walgreens for the single bottles. thank for the tip.
smile.gif

if anyone else has any info about 3 in 1's, id love to hear it.

Originally Posted by Haloinrverse are there any 3 in 1's that actually ...work equally well as a shampoo, conditioner and body wash?
i figure that i can use any shampoo as a body wash and get clean. it would probably be a little drying, but id be clean. i havent found a 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner that actually conditioned let alone detangled.

i have my eye on l'occitane honey foaming jelly for body and hair. are philosophy 3 in 1's any good in terms of conditioning? are the strawberry and chocolate scents true or fakey?

I think that combination shampoo/conditioner products are not good. You don't really cleanse and condition well. It is better to use them separate. As for using a shampoo as a body wash well the rule is if it's good for your hair then it's good for your body. I learned this in cosmetology school years ago from one of my teachers. She said that basically if you wouldn't us a soap that would dry out your skin than you should do the same for your hair.

Originally Posted by hawaiilatina I think that combination shampoo/conditioner products are not good. You don't really cleanse and condition well. It is better to use them separate. I'd have to agree with hawaiilatina. Jasmine, when you used 2 in 1's before did you not find that your roots got really greasy? Every hairdresser i've spoken with always say "only apply conditioner on the lengths of your hair". I used Pantene 2 in 1 for about 3 washes & threw it out straight away. I much prefer using seperate products.
Anyway, its not about what i prefer! Let us know how your search for a 3 in 1 goes Jasmine. Best of luck with it
biggrin.gif

i havent used a 2 in 1 since i was very young, so i dont remember whether it made my roots oily or not. i just want something that will save space in my travel case.

im swapping for the l'occitane honey 3 in 1, so i hope i like it.

My dermatologist told me that many shampoos and all conditioners contain oils that can clog your pores, so if you are acne-prone it would probably be best to skip those 3-in-1 or 2-in-1 products! He said to only apply conditioner on the ends of your hair because then it's less likely you'll get it on your face when you rinse. (Plus I also find my hair is less oily if I don't use conditioner on the roots.) He also gave me a list of shampoos that were non-comedogenic, because it's near impossible to rinse shampoo out without getting some on your forehead and face! Anyways, that's just another thing to think about. But if you are only using it for travel and you don't travel that often (or if you are not acne prone), then maybe it's not a big deal.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by girl_geek My dermatologist told me that many shampoos and all conditioners contain oils that can clog your pores, so if you are acne-prone it would probably be best to skip those 3-in-1 or 2-in-1 products! He said to only apply conditioner on the ends of your hair because then it's less likely you'll get it on your face when you rinse. (Plus I also find my hair is less oily if I don't use conditioner on the roots.) He also gave me a list of shampoos that were non-comedogenic, because it's near impossible to rinse shampoo out without getting some on your forehead and face! Anyways, that's just another thing to think about. But if you are only using it for travel and you don't travel that often (or if you are not acne prone), then maybe it's not a big deal.
smile.gif
i apply conditioner only to the ends of my hair unless its a conditioning mask. im not acne prone. those are some things to think about though. thanks.
smile.gif

i recd the l'occitane honey 3 in 1 today. ill post a review as soon as i can use it. just from smelling it from the bottle, its fantastic. it really smells like rich honey.

I second (or third) the Philosophy review. I had the Strawberry Milkshake and I hated it. My hair felt so rough and dry and my skin did not feel good at all. IMO, I don't think that 3 in 1 products are good since your hair and your body need different types of formulas in the products that are used. But if you find one that works, please let us know.

i finally tried out the l'occitane honey stuff, and its wonderful. it has a really sweet and true honey scent. the sweet part is a bit perfumey, so it doesnt just smell like straight up honey. it works fab as a shower gel of course, but as a shampoo, eh. forget about it even being conditioning enough not to use a separate conditioner.

when i used it as a shampoo, it didnt quite lather enough for me. though it was probably sufficient to clean my hair, you know how we americans are with shampoo and lather. if it doesnt make a ton of lather, it must not work. lol. i added some of my regular shampoo on top and rinsed it out.

i dont know if it was extra stripping or what, but my waves were super wavy and defined once my hair dried. i dont know if it was a fluke, but i really loved the results. i guess ill have to try it out as a shampoo one more time to find out. ive been using it as a shower gel in the mean time. i thought i was using a goodly amount, but the level in the bottle doesnt look like its gone down a bit.

ill post a review for this weeks challenge.

Latest posts

Back