7 Deadly Sins of Beauty

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1. GREED: What is your most inexpensive beauty item? What is your most expensive?

2. WRATH: What beauty products do you have a love/hate relationship with? What product has been the hardest to get?

3. GLUTTONY: What are your most delicious beauty products?

4. SLOTH: What beauty product do you neglect, due to laziness?

5. PRIDE: What beauty product gives you the most self confidence?

6. LUST: What attributes do you find most attractive in the opposite sex?

7. ENVY: What items would you most like to receive as a gift?

I saw this on youtube and thought it might make for an interesting topic here. I was just curious how you guys might answer these questions.

I felt this might be better suited in general chit chat so I moved it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Here are my answers:

1. GREED: 
  • What is your most inexpensive beauty item?  Aveda Shampoo ($70)
  • What is your most expensive? Wet N Wild Nail Polish ($.99)

2. WRATH: 
  • What beauty products do you have a love/hate relationship with?  MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation, I love what it does for me but I've never liked how foundation feels on my skin.
  • What product has been the hardest to get? None so far.
  3. GLUTTONY: 
  • What are your most delicious beauty products? None so far.
  4. SLOTH: 
  • What beauty product do you neglect, due to laziness? my eye shadow, I usually wake up in just enough time to slap on some eye liner and some mascara.
  5. PRIDE: 
  • What beauty product gives you the most self confidence? MAC Zoom Fast Black Lash, I love what it does for my lashes.
  6. LUST: 
  • What attributes do you find most attractive in the opposite sex? I'm a sucker for eyes, shoulders and chest.
  7. ENVY: 
  • What items would you most like to receive as a gift? Malibu Fix Serum
    This was fun :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

1. GREED: What is your most inexpensive beauty item? What is your most expensive?

Depends on how you define inexpensive. There are MANY items that I've gotten for free via couponing and GWP purchasing. Plus, I have ZERO qualms about buying even the CHEAP drugstore brands when they work well.

2. WRATH: What beauty products do you have a love/hate relationship with? What product has been the hardest to get?

Gee, today alone I went to NINE CVS locations looking for Wet N Wild DOLLHOUSE PINK. Usually I won't do THAT, though, thanks to being the dupe queen and thanks to the Internet. As far as love/hate....I can't think of any, because if I hate something, I just find something that works better for me, or cut that item outta my life!

Deborah Lippmann CANDY SHOP looks like an iced circus animal cookie! Aqualina PINK SUGAR smells like cotton candy and lemonade. And I like the mint gum aftertaste of my Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer.

Not so much a product as a procedure....my old man lives in another state and I wear pants 95% of the time, so my legs can get a bit Sasquatchy. And I HATE pedicures.

Again, it's a procedure more than a product....I'm METICULOUS about my brows. Drives me up the WALL when they are woolly. I'll eat Banquet frozen dinners and Top Ramen if I start looking shaggy too close to payday, just to make sure my brows look human! Although Lolita Lempicka perfume always convinces me I'm the sexiest woman on the planet.

A sense of humor, a love of rock n roll, intelligence, and GOOD tattoos.

Beauty-related only, right? Bear in mind, I tend to treat myself quite often, but these are the things I have wishlisted that I for whatever reason won't buy myself: Urban Decay Black Palette, TONS of beauty-related books, Betsey Johnson Tweezerman (skulls) since I REFUSE to pay $25 for tweezers, Chanel Chance, Chanel Illusion d'Ombre (entire line), etc., etc.

Ooh, this looks like fun! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

1. GREED:

• What is your most inexpensive beauty item? Probably one of my nail polishes, I have a ton of Milani that I got on clearance.
  • What is your most expensive? Philosophy Hope in a Jar. I have the 2 oz, and that was $40! Pretty soon it's going to be the Caudalie Vinoperfect Cell Renewal Night Cream once I get more BB points.

2. WRATH:

• What beauty products do you have a love/hate relationship with? The Orofluido Hair Elixer. I love the way this smells and it makes my hair so shiny and smooth, but it's easy to go overboard and look like a greaseball.
  • What product has been the hardest to get? None that I can think of at the moment.

3. GLUTTONY:

• What are your most delicious beauty products? My Benefit boxed powders! They smell amazing. Sometimes I'll open up my Sugarbomb or Bella Bamba and just sniff 'em!

4. SLOTH:

• What beauty product do you neglect, due to laziness? I hardly ever put on eyeliner since I'm not that great at it and it takes forever. My MAC Wonder Woman blush in Amazon Princess is also often neglected since I have to get the application perfect otherwise it looks gaudy and garish on my fair skin.

5. PRIDE:

• What beauty product gives you the most self confidence? An awesome concealer. I have dark circles and a lot of acne scarring, and when those are covered up I feel great!

6. LUST:

• What attributes do you find most attractive in the opposite sex? A square jaw and a good amount of stubble. I like my men dashing and rugged!

7. ENVY:

• What items would you most like to receive as a gift? Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh. I got a sample, and I absolutely adore the way this smells. Oh, and pretty much anything by Ole Henrikson.

1. GREED:

What is your most inexpensive beauty item? Some NYC liquid liner on sale at CVS for 20 cents

What is your most expensive? $90 teflon flat iron

2. WRATH:

What beauty products do you have a love/hate relationship with? My bright hair dyes. I adore how they look on me, but they fade so fast and my roots look obvious so it can be a pain

What product has been the hardest to get? A Discontinued Chanel Eyeshadow single. I had to contact the company and have one special ordered for me

3. GLUTTONY:

What are your most delicious beauty products? Definitely Urban Decays lickable shimmering body powder. My Jerome Russel pink hair dye smells like grapes too

4. SLOTH:

What beauty product do you neglect, due to laziness? False lashes... Do NOT have the patience for them

5. PRIDE:

What beauty product gives you the most self confidence? Concealer for sure!!! I have really red undereye circles and acne scarring so it gives me a fresh looking face

6. LUST:

What attributes do you find most attractive in the opposite sex? Eyes, smile, Intelligence, humility, and generosity

7. ENVY:

What items would you most like to receive as a gift? Sugarpill's burning heart palette or ANYTHING Urban Decay 
laughing.gif

1. GREED: 

• What is your most inexpensive beauty item?  A Jordana eyeliner I bought for 25 cents.
  • What is your most expensive? Artistry Intensive Skincare Renewing Peel. It retails for $99.50 but I got it for free.

2. WRATH: 
  • What beauty products do you have a love/hate relationship with? Urban Decay. Love it, hate the retail prices so I buy most of my UD palettes when on clearance.
  • What product has been the hardest to get? Fyrinnae only because it's a matter of the site being online at the time I have money to spend.
  3. GLUTTONY: 
  • What are your most delicious beauty products? My Vanilla Sugar body scrub from Suave. I'm almost out and it was a limited edition item. Oh and my Suave Keratin shampoo and conditioner because my hair smells so yummy for up to two days after washing.
  4. SLOTH: 
  • What beauty product do you neglect, due to laziness? Eye creams. I admit it, I forget to apply it and I need it.
  5. PRIDE: 
  • What beauty product gives you the most self confidence? Mascara.
  6. LUST: 
  • What attributes do you find most attractive in the opposite sex? Eyes.
  7. ENVY: 
  • What items would you most like to receive as a gift? A winning lottery ticket worth over $300 million.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
7. ENVY: 

• What items would you most like to receive as a gift? A winning lottery ticket worth over $300 million.
What? $2m wouldn't be good enough?! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Not after taxes! LOL It's in 30% taxes. Oh yes, I have it all calculated in my head. lol

1. GREED:

What is your most inexpensive beauty item? A Wet n Wild eyeliner pencil. ($.99)

What is your most expensive? Narciso Rodriguez for Her perfume ($115)

2. WRATH:

What beauty products do you have a love/hate relationship with? Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation. It can look completely amazing and natural and then some days it looks extremely fake, powdery and dry.

What product has been the hardest to get? MAC 2N lipglass. The absolute perfect nude lipcolor on me. I finally found it at a CCO and stocked up.

3. GLUTTONY: What are your most delicious beauty products? Palmers Cocoa Butter. I just love that scent! So warm and buttery hehe.

4. SLOTH: What beauty product do you neglect, due to laziness? Eyeliner and sometimes mascara. Yes, I'm that lazy in the morning.

5. PRIDE: What beauty product gives you the most self confidence? My foundation. I have so many blemishes from major breakouts in the past year and I absolutely hate them.

6. LUST: What attributes do you find most attractive in the opposite sex? Rugged slightly scruffy looks, sense of humor, upbeat personality.

7. ENVY: What items would you most like to receive as a gift? An unlimited beauty shopping spree. Man that would be the ultimate haul of all hauls!!

[SIZE=10pt]1. GREED:
What is your most inexpensive beauty item? Probably a nail polish
What is your most expensive? Urban Decay Naked Palette [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]2. WRATH:
What beauty products do you have a love/hate relationship with? Blush…..because that can be overdone.
What product has been the hardest to get? I’m not really sure about this one majority of what I have is easily accessible.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]3. GLUTTONY:
What are your most delicious beauty products? My eos lemon or mint lip balm. Love the way they smell except the summer fruit  

[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]4. SLOTH:
What beauty product do you neglect, due to laziness? Probably lipstick I’m more likely to stick with a balm. I haven’t really found a lipstick I like.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]5. PRIDE:
What beauty product gives you the most self-confidence? Eye shadow. Although I’m sure it’s mostly blocked by my glasses it still makes me feel confident.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]6. LUST:
What attributes do you find most attractive in the opposite sex? [/SIZE]

Maturity, Down to earth, knows when it’s alright to be serious or to joke around. I don’t know if that makes sense. [SIZE=10pt]7. ENVY:
What items would you most like to receive as a gift? I'd like to try some more NYX products or even Sugarpill [/SIZE]Midori Eyeshadow (because green is my favorite color).

[SIZE=10pt][/SIZE]

1. GREED: What is your most inexpensive beauty item? a 25 cent eyeliner on clearance for Walgreen's What is your most expensive?Urban Decay 15 Anniversary Palette

2. WRATH: What beauty products do you have a love/hate relationship with? Eyeliner, every time I apply it make my eye watering What product has been the hardest to get? no answer

3. GLUTTONY: What are your most delicious beauty products?Victoria Secret Body Wash

4. SLOTH: What beauty product do you neglect, due to laziness? Eyeliner, make my eye watering

5. PRIDE: What beauty product gives you the most self confidence? Eye shadows

6. LUST: What attributes do you find most attractive in the opposite sex? Down to earth personality, smart, heart

7. ENVY: What items would you most like to receive as a gift? unlimited shopping spree for beauty and fashion

1. GREED: What is your most inexpensive beauty item? What is your most expensive? My most inexpensive would be my wet n wild lip glosses my most expensive would be my MAC Vilinous Villians Collection Malificent eye shadows

2. WRATH: What beauty products do you have a love/hate relationship with? What product has been the hardest to get? I have a love hate with MAC very good products but very expensive, I want both pallets from Sugar Pill and they have been very hard for me to get when I have the money they are out of stock lol

3. GLUTTONY: What are your most delicious beauty products? My Simply Sweet Collection love it all

4. SLOTH: What beauty product do you neglect, due to laziness? moisturizer yea i know i know

5. PRIDE: What beauty product gives you the most self confidence? eye liner

6. LUST: What attributes do you find most attractive in the opposite sex? honesty, sense of humor

7. ENVY: What items would you most like to receive as a gift? right now it would be Juicy Couture, Viva La Juicy I LOVE IT

1. GREED: What is your most inexpensive beauty item? a jordana lip liner that I got on clearance at walgreens

What is your most expensive? Probably one of my MAC palettes. 

2. WRATH: What beauty products do you have a love/hate relationship with? What product has been the hardest to get? Love hate relationship with Nars Orgasm- sometimes I love it and other days I think it looks awful. Some of my limited edition Chanel things were probably the hardest

3. GLUTTONY: What are your most delicious beauty products? Edible sparkling powder from Victorias Secret

4. SLOTH: What beauty product do you neglect, due to laziness?False eyelashes

5. PRIDE: What beauty product gives you the most self confidence? a really good foundation or concealer

6. LUST: What attributes do you find most attractive in the opposite sex? ARMS!

7. ENVY: What items would you most like to receive as a gift? A really expensive perfume that I wouldnt buy for myself

1. GREED: What is your most inexpensive beauty item?

That would be this .99 Wet 'n Wild eyeliner that makes my eyes burn unfortunately xD

What is your most expensive?

My Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Palette but it's soon be a collection of Eyeshadows from Shiro Cosmetics whenever they get here.

2. WRATH: What beauty products do you have a love/hate relationship with?

I would say hair dye, I have done a variety of pinks. Some fade really fast, some aren't the right color. 

What product has been the hardest to get?

I love ordering from indie makeup companies but they always take forever and I am super impatient but it's always worth the risk.

Oh I love Degree Honeysuckle and Tea tree Body spray. It's quiet odd everyone always seems to tell me I smell nice when I have it on.

Oh, it's horrible I have been forgoing foundation lately due to laziness.

I would have to say either eyeliner or mascara, I couldn't decide between which. 

I would say personality xD I love a nerdy guy.

I have really been wanting to try BB cream, but I am totally obsessed with Shiro cosmetics and Suparpill, I love their bright colors.

Seven Deadly Sins of Beauty

Inexpensive: probably my BYS lip liner on special for $1.00

Most expensive: My foundation ... super stay around $20.00

2. WRATH: What beauty products do you have a love/hate relationship with?  My face primer...Its a must have but I very rarely get break outs but some primers do make me break out :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

What product has been the hardest to get? NYX pencil in milk... always sold out

3. GLUTTONY: What are your most delicious beauty products? some of my lip balms... oh and for some reason my eyebrow setter smells awesome?? and playboy perfume...

4. SLOTH: What beauty product do you neglect, due to laziness? cleaning my brushes daily with my Efl daily brush spray... gotta get into a routine..

5. PRIDE: What beauty product gives you the most self confidence? my eyeshadows... i luv bright colours...

6. LUST: What attributes do you find most attractive in the opposite sex? eyes and jawline

7. ENVY: What items would you most like to receive as a gift? sugarpill cosmetics...

1. GREED: What is your most inexpensive beauty item? What is your most expensive? Least inexpensive: all my ELF products. Most expensive: my perfumes (Versace Bright Crystal, Clinique Happy Heart, etc. My foundations: Estee' Lauder Double Lite Wear...etc.

2. WRATH: What beauty products do you have a love/hate relationship with? What product has been the hardest to get? Any Mac Pro products.

3. GLUTTONY: What are your most delicious beauty products? My pink grapefruit lipgloss from Bath & Body Works

4. SLOTH: What beauty product do you neglect, due to laziness? eyeshadow

5. PRIDE: What beauty product gives you the most self confidence? mascara

6. LUST: What attributes do you find most attractive in the opposite sex? smile, his character, his confidence, and his attitude

7. ENVY: Urban Decay Naked Palettes, UD 24/7 liner set, etc.

1. GREED: What is your most inexpensive beauty item? What is your most expensive?      Most inexpensive probably some NYX products I got off ebay for £1.00 - £2.00.     Most expensive probably my perfume.   2. WRATH: What beauty products do you have a love/hate relationship with? What product has been the hardest to get?      Love/hate relationship with nail polish. I hate painting my nails...    Hardest to get? None I could think of.      3. GLUTTONY: What are your most delicious beauty products?      Hmm.. My Sephora Rouge Cream Lipstick and my NYX Mega Shine Lipglosses smell delicious.   4. SLOTH: What beauty product do you neglect, due to laziness?      Nail Polish.    5. PRIDE: What beauty product gives you the most self confidence?      I never go out without at least foundation, black eyeliner and mascara. So I guess these 3.   6. LUST: What attributes do you find most attractive in the opposite sex?      Voice, attitude and smile.   7. ENVY: What items would you most like to receive as a gift?      A Professional Makeup Kit.

Latest posts

Back